SUNDAY JUNE 9TH : 20:00 BST/15:00 EDT/12:00 PDT
Can’t make the event? Registration includes a high definition recording.
Sonja McClung (IceDragonArt) has a huge stack of 3D content; with over 10,000 items taking up over 4TB of space, she needs to keep things organised! She’s had a long journey in getting her DAZ Studio content library into a structure that works for her!
After losing her original DAZ Studio content library to a hard disk melt down and then going through a period of frustration and loss, Sonja decided to use this disaster as an opportunity and completely restructured her content setup. It took many months of planning and effort to get everything into place, but it was very well worth it!
Now Sonja can create her artwork so much faster, because finding content is now easy and a snap. Inserting new content into her system is just as fast.
In this interactive workshop on Sunday 9th June, Sonja talks about:-
- A disaster making her a master
- Her category folder system and why it works for her
- A script that outputs a list of all your content!
- Content management tips
- Managing DAZ store content
- Managing 3rd party content and overcoming 3rd party content issues
- Backing up and restoring your library.
- The Daz Install Manager (DIM) and the Content Manager
In addition we’d like to hear your stories and tips about managing your content:-
- Are you starting from scratch? Let us know how your library looks like now.
- Got a system that works? Share with us.
- Share your top tips for maintaining your library.
- Questions on the DIM or Content Manager
Tools required for this tutorial : DAZ Studio.
Sunday 9th June- 20:00 GMT (London)/12:00 PST (Los Angeles)/15:00 EST (New York)
Duration : 1.5 hours
About Sonja (IceDragonArt)
“I’ve loved fantasy for as long as I can remember. Fairies, elves, dwarves, centaurs, and of course, dragons. I love the possibility of the impossible that fantasy brings, the wide open opportunity to get lost in a world that is far different than ours, full of magic and wonder, feats of heroism that defy the odds and best of all, good always conquers evil. What’s not to love?
I’ve always loved to draw as well. I can’t remember a time that I didn’t have a crayon (or a pencil, or a paintbrush) in my grubby little hands. I took a long hiatus from drawing when I was raising my kids (best art project ever!) and started to really get back into art in the last 6 years or so. I picked up photoshop and immediately fell in love with being able to draw and paint digitally. A couple of years later, I found Daz Studio, a 3D art application and was totally hooked!”