My guest today is Chris Hecker. An excellent sci-fi digital artist using Vue, 3DS Max and Photoshop. There’s a recurring theme through part of his portfolio of depicting futuristic large scale cities. And this is a natural response perhaps from growing up in the environment of the industrial landscape of East Germany as well being awed by the production paintings of the sci-fi movies that we all love.
Download the podcast MP3 file here by using right click and save as.
In this session we learn:-
- Which artists and movies inspired Chris the most as he started as a digital artist.
- How learning about concept art and matte paintings helped Chris gain breakthroughs in his artwork.
- How recording workflow speeds up your improvement rate as an artist
- Creating cityscape scenes with Cinema 4D, Vue and Photoshop.
- Use of World Machine and Xenodream
- About being part of the Luminarium group of artists on Deviant Art
- The making of “Come a Little Closer”, “Sky High” (shown above) and “Leaving the Fields of Steel”.
Chris Hecker’s (Tigaer) Deviant Art
The Luminarium Deviant Art group
E-on’s Vue software