In this session of the 3D Art Direct podcast we interview Oshyan Greene, the business manager of Planetside Software, which produces the well regarded Terragen 3, a great solution for rendering and animating realistic natural environments. In this session we’re going to talk about the anticipated Terragen 4
View the 3D Art Direct podcast in iTunes
In this session we discover:-
– Terragen’s capabilities. What can you control as you create your realistic environment? Can you create an entire planet?
– Importing real world terrain datasets. Some of the more notable projects that Terragen has been using this capability.
– A little about Matt Fairclough who is the lead developer for Terragen.
– Terragen 4 – the new Ray Traced preview.
– Hints on some new terrain editing tools.
– Additional photo realism for cloud scenes.
– T4 will include lens flare effects. What type of lens flare effects will we see?
– About the simulation of an Ozone layer in T4.
– The fractal procedural erosion shader by BlinkFrog for T3 (in beta) and it’s free.
– Virtual Reality and Terragen “We’re excited about VR and want to see more spherical renders from the community. Send us your renders using the Spherical Camera!” (to Planetside.co.uk)
Oshyan Greene – Business Manager at Planetside