In this podcast episode, we’re focussing on the subject of the exploration and colonisation of Mars, which is part of our overall theme for our forthcoming Digital Art Live magazine issue 8. We’ll feature artwork on the colonisation of space .
I was very privileged to talk to Nicole Willett the education director of the Mars Society and to hear her enthusiasm on the positive cases for getting humans onto Mars.
In this session we learn:-
– What is the Mars society and why it was formed
– How concept illustrations have helped in some of the Mars society projects
– What are the two most significant barriers in getting humans to Mars.
– Is it easier to colonise the moon rather than Mars?
– The new “160 mission” organised by the Mars Society.
– Nicole’s view on the top two achievements of the society since it’s been formed.
– How you can help the Mars Society.
About Nicole Willett
Nicole is an Educator and an Education Director. Her goal is to teach all people their place in the universe and realize that we are all made from recycled stars. She advocates that we must continue to explore the solar system, particularly Mars. Her passion for science has led her to many amazing experiences in her life and she hopes to inspire others to follow their passion.