The VUE : Stunning Skies course is based on the webinars presented by Karen Reedstrom in April and May of 2020.
Lessons in this course are for consolidating some of the knowledge found in the webinar recordings, which you’ll need to watch FIRST before undertaking this course.
VUE has an advanced atmospheric engine allowing you to create impressive skies with multiple cloud layers. You can pick a pre-defined atmosphere of course, but if you want to craft a specific cloudscape that compliments your terrain, it’s vital to comprehend the atmosphere editor as well as learning how to light the scene.
Karen Reedstrom is a long standing VUE artist AND a trained meteorologist who has worked for the U.S. Navy and the U.S. National Weather Service. With her specialised background she will provide you additional depth in this VUE course on creating Stunning Skies.
She’ll include the teaching of cloud types and atmospheric conditions so you can achieve more realistic and attractive scenes in Vue.
In this video tutorial course you’ll learn…
- An in-depth grand tour of the Atmosphere Editor
- Explore creating and editing cloud materials
- What are the different Lighting Models and when to use them
- Editing the Sun
- God Rays creation and adjustment
- Editing clouds in the material editor
- Getting the aerial perspective right for your scene
- Quality boosting and when to use it
- How to create atmospheric effects
- Creating cool effects with Environmental maps and reflection maps
- Rain and Snow
- What are the different Atmospheric models?
- Using color matched spotlights to brighten up objects that are too dark
- Cloud types and atmospheric conditions
- Karen’s workflow on enhancing your renders in Photoshop