Artbreeder is a new kind of image making and discovery tool that is online and collaborative. Images are ‘bred’ together and users can easily explore and quickly iterate new generations of artwork.
It includes a free online service, and Artbreeder can transform your uploaded art or photo within the following categories:-
- Anime portraits
- Album covers
- Full-body figures
Art can also be generated randomly from the existing image database. Completely unique faces, characters and landscapes can be brought into existence!
So far over 50 million images have been made this way!
This webinar explores the use of Artbreeder for rapidly creating elements, such as characters and locations for visual storytelling.
Britta Jacobs will show how she has used Artbreeder to create “storybuds” – short stories emerging from one or a few images generated with Artbreeder.
This is a community webinar to discover how you’ve used Artbreeder for your storytelling.
We’d love to see:-
- Your Artbreeder work
- How you’ve used Artbreeder for creating your stories
- Best practice or tips for using Artbreeder
- How you’ve used Artbreeder in part of a larger workflow (eg using Facegen, ZBrush, Poser or DAZ Studio)
Premium Ticket for this webinar includes…
- HD searchable webinar recording of this event
- Bonus tutorial – Prototyping: Using Artbreeder for Rapid Character Development for DAZ Studio
- Artbreeder PDF magazine interview with Joel Simon, the software author
Platinum ticket for this webinar includes a discount for lifetime access to the Visual Narratives Academy
Who uses Artbreeder?
- Artists who just wish to explore!
- Visual Narrative artists
- The RPG community
- Concept artists
- Musicians (for album covers)
- Character artists
The RPG maker community has taken to Artbreeder for rapid character-art development for their table-top games. Concept artists really enjoy it for quickly setting up a character’s ‘direction’, while musicians use it to make album covers for SoundCloud, and new media artists use it just for its own sake to explore this new space of possible images.
Webinar date, time and duration
Saturday 3rd of July
20:00 BST (London) / 15:00 EDT (New york) /21:00 PDT (Los Angeles)
Duration 1.5 hours
1. Community Sharing
2. Britta Jacobs : Artbreeder for Storybuds
- Uses Artbreeder with Paintshop pro, Deep Dream Generator, Mandelbuld3d, Vue and Filterforge
- Using Artbreeder to create “storybuds” – fledgling ideas for sci-fi and fantasy stories using one or several images from Artbreeder.
- Creating book covers with Artbreeder
About Britta Jacobs
Since my early childhood I’ve worked with clay and I liked to draw, sometimes even on paper napkins with a ballpen, when nothing else was around and something caught my eye. Photography was also one of my interests and I have made tons of slides and later digital pictures of places I have visited, around the house, on the road to work or while travelling.
When computers came into my life in the beginning of the 80s, a whole new world opened up to me, which became even broader when digital photography arrived. But it wasn’t until 2002 when digital art arrived in my life. I have been a fan of fantasy art since my youth and always wanted to be able to do something like that. I started with Vue d’esprit 4 and fell in love. Shortly after, I got myself into Poser, too, so I could add some people or animals to my renders. After a very short time venturing into this new realm, I had to pause again due to the care for my parents taking most of my time. I restarted my adventure with digital art in December 2008 and kept on going since then.