- This event has passed.
DAZ Studio : Kitbashing Characters for Beginners
September 26, 2021 @ 8:00 pm - October 3, 2021 @ 9:30 pm BSTFree – $137.00
Dramatically expand your asset library for male characters …
There are a huge amount of female assets for the various DAZ Studio figures, BUT there is a limited amount of content for male characters, resulting in much less choice and frustration for artists.
The problem is seen across all the categories of assets in terms of skin, hair, clothing and more. Are there ways to utilise female figure assets for males in DAZ Studio? Could male content be made compatible for females?
Parminder Baddhan shows comprehensive solutions to this challenge, helping you to utilise your existing content library, create unique looking characters AND save money in the process using this form of kitbashing.
- DAZ Studio (free)
- Blender (free) – only basic knowledge required
- UV swap for Genesis 8.1
- Genesis 8 UV swap male and female base
- Genesis 3 UV swap make and female base
Webinar Dates and Times
Session 1 : Sunday the 26th of September at 20:00 BST (London) / 12:00 PDT (Los Angeles) / 15:00 EDT (New York)
Anticipated Duration : 1.5 hours
Session 2 : Sunday the 3rd of October at 20:00 BST (London) / 12:00 PDT (Los Angeles) / 15:00 EDT (New York)
Anticipated Duration : 1.5 hours
- Entry to the full course
- Searchable webinar recordings of all sessions with optional captions
- A PDF step by step guide (50+ pages) and relevant poses to go with this class
- All the benefits of the premium ticket
- A DAZ Studio learning library – 12 searchable videos (5 hours of content)
- Search across the entire library on any word or phrase spoken in the videos
- Topics include:-
- DAZ Studio Beginners Part 1 (25 minutes)
- 10 things I wish I knew before learning DAZ Studio (13 minutes)
- DAZ Studio Beginners Part 2 (35 minutes)
- DAZ Studio dForce hair (30 minutes)
- Posing Tutorial Advanced (34 minutes)
- DAZ Studio Beginners Part 3 (20 minutes)
- dForce basics (25 minutes)
- D-Formers (19 minutes)
- Skin colour basics (5 minutes)
- Morph tutorial using Blender (23 minutes)
- Skin colour advanced (15 minutes)
- Strand based hair (52 minutes)
- Video content is by Parminder : 5 minute sample below
- Explained : Why and how morphing characters provide key advantages for your art
- How to combine existing character morphs to generate unique characters
- How to use Blender to create your own custom morphs with a recommended workflow
Gender skin swapping? Yes!
- The surprising truth about skin compatibility for Gen 3/8/8.1 females on Gen 3/8/8.1 Males and vice versa.
- Revealed : The pros and cons about gender skin swapping
“Behind every great man is a woman rolling her eyes” : Jim Carrey
- Eye compatibility : why female eyes are better for Genesis 3 and 8 figures
- A look at Genesis 8.1 eyes : are they compatible for previous generations?
Gender hair swapping? Let’s see what’s possible…
- A deep focus on hair compatibility for males and females across Genesis 3,8 and 8.1
- How to avoid rigging problems with autofit
- A study on utilising clothes between figures and genders across Genesis 3, 8 and 8.1
If the shoe fits…
- Parmin analyses shoe compatibility between Genesis generations and genders for Genesis 3, 8 and 8.1
- How to get Genesis 3 high heels to fit Genesis 8 characters
About the Presenter : Parminder Baddhan
“I’m Parmy Baddhan, founder of Mastery Grit Comics and I tell compelling superhero stories through the graphic novel medium using DAZ Studio.
I started my journey with DAZ Studio in December 2018 to express my creativity. I realised very early that lighting was the biggest element to create good renders and I focused my efforts there!
About 2 months into my DAZ Studio journey, I decided to tell superhero stories that I grew up watching and reading as a kid in the 1980’s.
In March 2019, I created a short story called Assassins, helping me to realise that I had a gap on some skills and knowledge to take things further. As a result I turned to Digital Art Live to help me achieve my storytelling goals with DAZ Studio!
I created my YouTube channel in May 2019, where I share my knowledge helping DAZ Studio beginners create quality renders and understand the specifics of 3D Digital Art.
In December 2019 I decided to create my first professional graphic novel called Tiger Dragon: The Rebirth. The story follows the journey of Ayame Ozaki who realises that normal life is not for her and the universe had a greater purpose in store . The graphic novel is available to pre-order from my website.
To help me achieve my goals I created my motto, #commit2mastery. The #commit2mastery motto is a reminder to always-be-learning (ABL) and progress is all that matters. This also includes transforming my mindset to create the belief that I can achieve my goals and learn any skill.
If you want to live your dream life, #commit2mastery”