Can’t make the live webinar? Registration includes the HD recording
Have you got stuck on trying to adapt textures for your content within DAZ Studio?
Have you wondered if there are some cost-effective ways to manipulate textures?
Looking for fast and simple methods for changing texturing?
This webinar class covers the essentials in handling textures for your content in DAZ Studio. Join Tiffanie Gray as she demonstrates all of her learned methods for dealing with textures in step by step fashion. This class is aimed at beginners and those at an intermediate level with textures.
Take advantage of this interactive class with your questions about textures and how to deal with them with your DAZ Studio assets.
Webinar Session Content
- Breaking down the terminology
- Changing Iray to 3DL and 3DL to Iray with DS Defaults
Quick and Dirty Changes
- Changing Diffuse color
- Changing Bump or Normal Settings
- Alter Gloss and Specularity
- Substituting available textures (Bump, specular)
- Using Shaders to Add
- Using Shaders to Change
- Changing Ambient in 3DL
- Changing Emissions in Iray
- Using HDRIs in Iray and Light colors in 3DL
More involved methods
- Shift colors in Irfanview or PS or PD
- Replace diffuse with another flat texture image
- Make a copy of the Diffuse/Base, mask it and add your own textures/colors
- Make a copy of the Transmap/Opacity map (if there is one and add new zones)
- Make a copy of the Diffuse/Base and turn to Black/White and add zones Place in Trans
- Add a bump or Displace map based on the Diffuse map
Texturing Case Studies
Let’s work on textures with these case studies in mind…
- The Pillow
- The Nailed Note
- The Commercial Hallway
- The Shirt
- The Big Cat
Software used in this webinar:-
- Daz Studio
- Filter Forge
- Some Photoshop
- PD Howler
Assets given to registered class members
- Free zips for the Pillow and the Nailed Note models.
- Texture pack for use use on these two models
About Tiffanie Gray
Tiffanie Gray wears too many hats. She is an author, an editor, a publisher, an artist, a crafter, a web designer, a legal assistant, a slush reader, a volunteer, an actress, a seamstress, a clothing designer, a Master Instructor of Cosmetology, an Army veteran, a musician, a paper RPGer/GM, a life coach and a teacher. She is also a wife and a keeper for her husband, three cats and a Pomeranian who thinks he’s either a cat or a child.
Tiffanie is known as Dakorillon and Immortal Moments Arts to the art world on the web. She has been selling at Renderosity and HiveWire3D since 2016. She has been using PD Howler (known as Project Dogwaffle), since version 1.1a in 2001. She originally started using PD Howler since it’s a natural fit for artists that have a traditional background – and so began learning it with glee! She now uses Howler for nearly everything to do with digital art and content creation. Since 3D artwork is becoming an indispensable tool in her box of tricks, she is happy that Howler still works so well with these new tools.
All of her art experience is self taught, she read books or took small workshops to learn traditional art. Howler, then Daz Studio, Poser, Hexagon and other art programs she added were by the the same method. She primarily focuses on fantasy and science fiction, but has added still lifes, landscapes and portraits. She also uses her images for book cover designs and web design.