VUE’s EcoSystem is a powerful way of populating scenes with millions of objects, such as trees, stones and plants. It increases the natural details and complexity in a scene when providing a fast way to build up a beautiful environment. However it does pay to be efficient when using the EcoSystem and Karen Reedstrom, award winning Vue artist and product vendor, shows you how – saving on processing time and memory. She goes through several case studies giving you an in-depth tour of the EcoSystem and EcoPainter.
Date : Saturday 19th October
Start time : 20:00 BST (London)/15:00 EDT (New York)/12:00 (Los Angeles)
Duration : 1.5 hours+
Part 1 : Best practices for using the EcoSystem and EcoPainter
Duration : 1 hour+
- Overview of the principles of the EcoSystem and how to use the EcoPainter.
– How to pick plants/objects that won’t over tax your processor and the use of Dynamic Population.
– How to use the settings in the General, Density, Scaling & Orientation, Colour, and Presence tabs.
– We will use a variety of objects and terrains to use dynamic populations.
– How to paint vines and plants on a wall with the EcoPainter.
- An overview of when to use the EcoSystem, the EcoPainter or when to use both.
- Using clustered distributions for greater realism.
- Step by step guide to terrain texturing with ecosystems, using a sci-fi canyon scene.
- How to create 3D maze ecosystems.
- How to produce unique topiary-style characters with EcoPainter.
Part 2 : Community Space (time permitting)
Duration : Up to 30 minutes
- Screenshare and demonstrate ecosystems during the webinar
- Ask any questions on Ecosystems/Painter/Particle Systems
Class Materials Included
- Terrain texturing PDF guide
- PDF guide on creating 3D mazes or other patterns with Ecosystems
- Case study terrain map pack
- Scene files
About Karen Reedstrom (Minto)
Karen has been using Vue since Vue 4 and has posted many renders on Cornucopia 3D, winning awards and actively taking part in contests. She has been a long-time vendor on the former Cornucopia 3D store creating objects, plants, skies, and more. Professionally she has used Vue for Ford Motors online training courses and combining DAZ and Poser characters with Vue to create artwork, movie one sheets and book covers.