- This event has passed.
From Chaos to Control: Maximizing Your Creativity with Blender’s Asset Browser
Saturday July 1 @ 7:00 pm – 8:30 pm BST
Every 3D artist knows the challenge: as your projects grow in size and complexity, keeping track of countless assets can feel like an uphill battle. You’ve been wanting a more efficient way to manage and access your materials, models, or textures. Blender offers an invaluable solution – the Asset Browser.
This webinar will guide you through this underused yet powerful feature. Discover how to streamline your workflow and refocus on your creativity rather than tedious asset management.
Unlock the secrets of Blender’s Asset Browser, learning how to define assets, create your own asset library, and integrate it into any Blender project. Your days of sifting through files and folders are done!
This webinar addresses a problem many Blender artists may not even know they have. The Asset Browser is a tool waiting to transform your productivity and your artistic process, but many have yet to discover its full potential. Our mission is to bridge this knowledge gap, giving you firsthand experience about the ins and outs of this feature.
Scene created with content included with registration
- Intro to the Asset Browser: Get familiar with the Asset Browser Area’s interface & layout
- Understanding Assets: Learn what can be an asset and how to use them
- Marking & UnMarking Assets: Understand the process of designating assets within your blender projects
- Creating an Asset Library: Get familiar with setting up an Asset Library that you can access in any blender project.
- Using Assets: Learn the different ways to bring various asset types into your scene.
- Asset Previews: Understand how asset previews are generated & modified
- Troubleshooting Assets: Learn some common issues that may arise & how to avoid them
- Benefits of Asset Browser: Understand how the Browser fits into and can speed up a creative workflow.
- Download, set up and use the asset library from maxi-content pack (premium ticket holders only)
- Live scene build in Blender with items from the premium ticket asset pack (premium ticket holders only)
Date : Saturday July 1st : 19:00 BST (London) / 14:00 EDT (New York) / 11:00 PDT (Los Angeles)
Duration : Up to 2 hours (45 minutes for free ticket holders)
- Entry to the first 45 minutes of the event only
- Mini content pack : .blend file with 10 items
- 4 models
- 3 textures
- 1 shader node system
- 1 geometry node system
- 1 HDRI
- Webinar content covered: Basic teaching points covered above with demonstrations.
Attendees will walk away with a blend file of simple assets and the knowledge of how to set them up as a library.
Click here to see the mini-content pack
- Entry to the whole event
- Maxi-content pack : .blend file with 119 items
- 94 models
- 10 textures
- 7 HDRIs
- 3 shader node systems
- 2 environment volumes (quickly adds fog/water to scenes)
Attendees will walk away with a fully prepped asset library blend file and a demonstration of the power and speed of using the asset browser by Mads doing a live scene-build.
Click here to see the maxi-content pack
Includes all benefits of the Premium Ticket plus a one-one coaching session with Mads on Blender (normally valued at $97)
This one hour coaching service is perfect for newcomers, beginners and anyone interested in developing their skills in 3D modeling, texturing, lighting, rendering, and geometry nodes, as well as environment and scene design using Blender.
Please note that character design/creation is not part of this service.
About the Presenter : Mads of AlanSmitheeArt
Madelyn (Mads) is a digital artist based in the eastern United States with extensive experience in filmmaking, photography & design. She releases work under the brand AlanSmithee Art, a nod to the historic pseudonym of Hollywood.
Mads began a journey into 3D digital art in 2019, exploring a program called FlowScape and its welcoming community of artists. In June 2020 she became the official tutorial designer, creating guides to Flowscape’s basic fundamentals, advanced techniques and creative possibilities.
She also began to learn and use Blender in her art, initially using it to convert and create models for use in Flowscape and eventually to create whole works, scenes, and environments. Blender quickly took over as her main tool for creativity.
In 2022 she brought her knowledge of FlowScape to the Digital Arts Live community in the form of a coaching group. This teaching environment was incredibly rewarding and courses on Blender soon followed.
Interested in being taught by Mads?
Book her through our 1-1 coaching service.Book 1-1 Coaching