Have you wondered if you could create a complete visual narrative just by using Midjourney for creating the artwork?
With the latest version 4 of Midjourney and armed with a certain set of techniques to overcome some nitty gritty hurdles, it’s very possible to now do that!
Consistent character generation is one part of this process and it is a Holy Grail for visual narrative artists. In this community workshop I show you three effective methods of how to gain consistent character artwork across different generations of art using Midjourney Version 4.
In this workshop we will:-
- Go over my consistent character generation techniques (presentation will be about 30 minutes)
- Have community sharing of consistent character tips – I’d love to see what you’ve achieved with this challenge!
- Community sharing of any visual narrative stories (even just a few panels) that have used consistent character generation
You’ll have the option to share your desktop in our webinar, so you can talk about your content or artwork in this way.
This webinar is driven by YOU, the artist. The more artists that share artwork, a challenge or a tip, then the more value that can be gained by other artists.
This webinar also introduces a new coaching group especially for Visual Narrative Artists that desire to use Midjourney as their main tool for creating sequential artwork.
- Are you curious about how Midjourney could create the artwork for a complete Visual Narrative?
- Have you hit limitations with using Midjourney to try and do this?
- Are you figuring out how to generate consistent artwork for a story?
In this coaching group, we are going to show you an in-depth guide to Midjourney for sequential art generation so that you can…
1. Overcome guesswork at trying to create consistent visual elements for your story (characters, locations, props)
2. Plan ahead with a “visual database”
3. Work together and learn how to get fairly consistent “shots” or camera angles of your subjects
4. Study on how to overcome problems with Midjourney “muddling” your text prompt descriptions between different characters or other elements
5. Solving hand and finger problems (that Midjourney still struggles with)
We are going to show you how to create a visual story with Midjourney even if…
1. You’ve never created a story before with digital art tools
2. You feel lost with all of the parameters that Midjourney comes with
3. You’ve felt frustrated with getting inconsistent results with Midjourney.
- Six weeks of 1.5 hour live webinar lessons (see curriculum below)
- Class assignment and reviews during the lessons
- A private forum to continue learning, connecting and sharing in-between sessions
- A VIP level of this coaching group if you wish to go further into depth and gain extra resources.
When do the Classes Start?
We start in early December, and will run every Sunday (with a break over the holidays) commencing at 20:00 GMT (London)
Ticket options for this event
- Webinar entry only
- Searchable recording of this introductory session
- Standard membership of the Midjourney Masterclass for Visual Narrative Artists (see “what’s included” above)
- Searchable recording of this introductory session
- VIP membership of the Midjourney Masterclass for Visual Narrative Artists (see VIP membership below)
Week 1 : The Setup
“Creating a Visual Database of ‘Reference Anchors'”
- Setting up and using Midjourney
- Setting up a “visual database” for your story
- Choosing and using reference images
- Midjourney “anchor” images
- Keyword recordings
- Seed number recordings
- Consistent styling
- Artist name keywords and vital tips in using these
- Medium (digital, traditional) keyword/phrases : Ten Effective Examples
- Why multiple visual examples of a medium are important
- Avoiding AI noise in the styling
- Colour Sets and Lighting styles
- Creating references anchors for… Characters, Clothing, Locations, Props
- Considering aspect ratios for the artwork
Week 2 : The Characters
“Consistent Character Attributes in Depth”
- Review of consistent character generation methods
- Deeper tips on consistent character attributes
- Hair : Styling and Colour
- Head shape and neck
- Full body shape
- Consistent clothing in depth : Seven case studies of consistent clothing
- Solving hand and finger problems
- Holding props
- Hand expressions
- Character actions : Getting a character “out” of a portrait shot to act!
Week 3 : The Locations & Props
“Influencing Environments and Consistent Prop Building”
- Exteriors and Weather
- Success in gaining different shots of the same location
- Using visual cues despite variations
- Thinking out of the box : 7 case studies on “out of this world” locations
- Consistent prop visualisation : 5 examples
Week 4 : The Camera
“Shot Phrases that work (and don’t work)”
- Shot types : in-depth case studies for Midjourney
- Full : Overcoming full body shot problems
- Close up
- Angle shots = High, Low, Dutch, Worms eye
- Character Shot Case Studies : one, two and three shot character setups
- Space for speech bubbles
- Forcing space
- Creating space
Week 5 : Overcoming Midjourney Muddles
Dealing with Multiple Characters and Elements in a Midjourney Render
- Using specific weighting to overcome muddles
- Character interaction case studies
- Character-in-relation-to-prop case studies
- Character-in-relation-to-environment case studies
- Technique : Compositing single character renders
- Technique : Extending frame size with DALL-E
- Dealing with large numbers of visual elements or crowd scenes
Week 6 : It’s a wrap!
“Postwork Fixing and Styling : Get guaranteed consistent styling across your renders”
- Pro tips for removing artefacts
- Layers : Putting all the elements together
- Consistent Styling : Five styling examples
- Class achievements and tips review
- Week 7 : Additional 1.5 hour class : Midjourney VIP Masterclass – Deep Keyword Mining
- 20 Highly Valuable Phrases and Keywords especially for sequential artists using Midjourney
- A 1-1 one hour meeting with me to:-
- Provide feedback on your work so far
- Identify any hurdles in your visual narrative development using Midjourney
- Create a plan to overcome your remaining hurdles and speed up your remaining visual narrative development
- Seven lesson slide deck from all lessons presented in this course as a large PDF pack
- A large AI generated art pack of all the art used for this course upscaled
- Searchable recordings of all our previous AI community workshops (4 x recordings = 6 hours)