As a digital artist are you stuck on:-
- Arranging a scene?
- Getting good composition?
- Postwork challenges?
- Special effects with Photoshop?
- Portraying your visual story?
- Which filters to apply?
- Repairing a render?
This workshop is a scene, composition and postwork “clinic”. If you’re having trouble with any scene where you’re aiming to produce a polished book cover illustration, a product cover, a graphic novel panel, a character or a landscape based scene, we’ll provide expert advice on composition improvements, offer postwork tips and power up your story-telling artwork.
- Learn from Drew’s own case studies of actions, filters, lighting, composition techniques learned over the years
- Showcase your scenes/renders and gain professional feedback from Griffin (Drew Spence)
- Advice on virtual camera set ups, composition, framing, lighting and postwork.
- Solve your current challenges that you may have with postwork when using Photoshop
- Repairs and fixing flaws in the rendered image.
Join us in this workshop, led by Griffin Avid, a professional comic book artist who is a graduate of Stony Brook University with a Bachelor of Arts degree in Fine Art and holds various certificates – from graphic arts to web design.
We’ll be using DAZ Studio and Photoshop to help you take your basic scene and render to a more professional and effective image. This workshop is about assisting you, so please bring along your renders (up to a maximum of 4 renders) ready to show from your desktop. You can also forward your renders to us ready for the webinar, by using our Hightail dropbox
Date: Sunday 17th March
Duration: About 1.5 hours.
– Fixes for repair and the many ways to save a “bad” render.
Learn options to save and salvage your work – without the time-consuming re-render option.
Advice on re-positioning the camera and re-framing your work to capture the right mood and actions in a scene.
– Special Effects
Enhance the magic, sci-fi or action elements of your render. Learn some ways to create special effects in your Daz Studio interface and take the look to the next level in post. Includes mention of must-have products that will enable your renders to contain all the energy and power they deserve.
– Lighting Effects and Helpers
Step-up your renders with adjusting the lighting. Push your dramatic lighting to max in Daz and in post. We’ll break a few rules and create a set of options to push the boundaries of the iray engine. Includes some cheating to get around long rendering times.
About the Presenter Drew Spence