- This event has passed.
REFLECTIONS : Community Workshop
January 9, 2021 @ 9:00 pm - 10:30 pm GMTFree – $25.00
Poster artwork by Joe Pingleton
Mirrors and reflections provide a fascinating aspect of artwork, both in the use of character based scenes and landscapes. There are a number of shaders (some free) and props that work really well. In this community workshop let’s share your tips, recommended resources and your best artwork that uses reflections as a primary element.
This community session is for artists using any application (DAZ Studio, Poser, Terragen, VUE, World Creator, PD Howler) to produce artwork in examples such as these:-
- Landscapes with scene-reflective water features
- Mirror (or mirrors) of various types in an interior scene that may add to the drama or narrative.
- Where goggles, a visor, a helmet or a character’s glasses use a play on reflections
- Close up of characters where we see reflections in their eyes
- Scenes using a broken mirror
We may talk about questions such as:-
- What are some good quality props to use for mirrors?
- What recommended shaders are available for reflective material?
- What options are there in natural landscape scenes for scene-reflective water?
If you have artwork, resources or useful tips to share, even if it’s just for a few minutes, then please get in touch!
This event is free entry. There’s also a premium ticket that includes a stack of value!
- HD Webinar recording of this community workshop
- Bonus tutorial set : “Scene Setting Mastery : Overwater” by Tiffanie Gray with DAZ Studio (1 hour 47 minutes) . You’ll learn:-
- Understanding of the properties of surface water in 3D/2D art
- Observation training on real-world overwater scenes
- Refraction and reflection
- Choosing appropriate colors for scenes
- How to alter your Out of the Box environment to achieve scene goals
- Color and light adjustments
- Adding props to enhance your scenes
- Study of how hair, skin, clothes, and objects react and appear wet out of the water
- How to simulate wakes, foam and edge collision above water
- How water and other liquids react in puddles and cups
- Using geoshells, LIE and Decals on skin and items
- Suggestions for post-work in 2d programs
Date: Saturday 9th of January
Time: 21:00 GMT (London) / 13:00 PST (Los Angeles) / 16:00 EST (New York)
Duration : 1.5+ hours