Poster artwork by Artur Rosa : “The Exit”
Limiting beliefs can run rampant in your subconscious mind, and these beliefs can slow you down or stop you from pursuing your creative projects.
They put a barrier in the way of believing that your dreams are not only possible, but inevitable.
If you don’t deal with your limiting beliefs, they can hold you back from using your unique “creative voice” and producing artwork that will have an impact on the world.
What is a limiting belief? It’s a belief that limits what’s possible and available for you.
Limiting beliefs are rooted in misperception, and everyone has them. It’s your job to figure out what yours are, then deal with them, and let them go.
For example, a limiting belief crept into my mind, even whilst creating this webinar event “This is such a different type of event for our community! Will digital artists even come along to this? Will they dismiss this as mumbo jumbo?”….such is the subconscious mind – it can work overtime.
What are some examples of limiting beliefs that can pertain to digital artists?
- Digital art is too technical : I’ll never keep up.
- I will never be as good an artist as X or Y!
- Nobody likes my art!
- I can’t make a living out of digital art
- I don’t have enough time to do digital art
- I’ll never get any better!
You’ll notice that many of these statements contain words like “never” and “nobody”, suggesting tautologies (something that is true in all circumstances) which when examined more closely, can be found that these statements aren’t true after all!
More general limiting beliefs for artists may include:-
- Fear of success
- Feat of failure
- Fear of rejection
During the session, I’m going to talk about how to identify your limiting beliefs as an artist and then how to get over them. I’ll also talk about my own examples of how limiting beliefs have slowed me down sometimes in running Digital Art Live.
I would also like to give you the chance to *participate and share your own stories on this topic during the webinar:
- What are your stories of any limiting beliefs that held you back as an artist?
- How did you overcome those limiting beliefs?
- Can you share artwork where you felt it might have received rejection or criticism?
During the session, I’m happy for you to share ANY of your artwork (it could be some of the best of your portfolio) when you talk, it will be a demonstration of how far you’ve come compared to when you first started.
Date : Sunday the 2nd of May
Time : 21:00 BST London / 13:00 PDT Los Angeles / 16:00 EDT New York
Duration : 1.5 hours
- Includes entry to the webinar and the searchable, captioned recording of the webinar event.
- Includes the bonus tutorial of “Twenty Composition Techniques for Powerful Promos” (4 hours of content)
*This webinar recording may be sold in the DAZ 3D store, where your artwork and audio comments will be promoted to a wider audience. So please have this in mind if you choose to contribute in this community workshop.