Skin shaders can really enhance a character and provide a stunning look.
But what happens when you need to swap a skin texture to another character? What are the best resources for skin shaders? How can you adapt or edit a shader to fine tune how your character looks?
In this community workshop, we’re bringing together the collective minds of DAZ Studio artists to share valuable experience on skin shaders.
It’s also an opportunity to share your artwork demonstrating how effective some of these shaders can be, given the proper lighting of course!
DAZ Studio artists are invited to share their tips and artwork with respect to the topics below
If you have a useful tip or artwork to share then please get in touch!
This event is free entry. There’s also a premium ticket that includes a stack of value!
- HD searchable and captioned webinar recording of this SHADERS workshop
- Bonus high value tutorial – A Complete Guide to Iray Shaders
- Digital Art Live 64 page PDF magazine : special theme on “super skin”
Date: Sunday 23rd of May
Time: 20:00 BST (London) / 12:00 PDT (Los Angeles) / 15:00 EDT (New York)
Duration : 1.5+ hours
Let’s pack this session with as many high value tips as possible, share your artwork, resource recommendations or experience with…
- Applying skin textures
- Editing skin shaders
- Glossiness, base bump and other shader settings
- Altering the tint of the skin
- Low, Medium, and High Translucency presets for skin. What’s best to use?
- Different lighting with skin shaders.
- Using the Ultimate Iray Skin Manager by V3Digitimes
- Recommended resources for skin shaders from the DAZ store; tools, lighting sets,
- Shaders for different generation characters
- Show us your best skin shader renders!
- How to emphasize creases and bump details on skin.
- Cold and warm lighting to emphasise different skin hues.