- This event has passed.
Volumetrics : Community Workshop
October 1, 2022 @ 7:00 pm - 8:30 pm BSTFree – $155.00
Volumetrics is a method that 3D render engines use to model fog, smoke, steam, clouds – all atmospheric mediums, which take lighting into account when it is shone through those mediums. Volumetrics is a great way to provide atmospheric perspective and depth in a render, enhancing that “3D effect” in a scene. A common element is “god rays” – that fantastic scattering of light by the clouds providing a certain ethereal or heavenly mood to a scene.
Most accessible 3D packages now have volumetric lighting:-
- DAZ Studio has recently introduced volumetrics (4.2)
- VUE includes volumetric lighting
- Poser allows volumetric lighting through Superfly and includes “volumetric materials”
- Blender has several methods for volumetrics ,depending on the render engine used
- Terragen includes custom shader networks to manipulate volumetric lighting in fog and clouds.
We have several special guest artists who will be talking about their work using volumetrics in :-
- DAZ Studio
- A.I. generators
This community workshop is your opportunity to share (using any software package, including A.I. generators and post-work methods)
- Your best example(s) of renders that show volumetrics at work (haze, dust, mist, fog, clouds or steam)
- Your top tips to optimise rendering with volumetrics
- You number one challenge with using volumetrics
- When to use postwork for volumetric effects and when not to!
- Phrases for A.I. generators that invoke good quality volumetric scenes.
Webinar Date and Time
Date : Saturday 1st October
Time : 19:00 GMT (London) / 11:00 PDT (Los Angeles) / 15:00 EDT (New York)
Duration : 1.5 hours
- Entry to the event only
- HD quality Searchable and captioned recording of the event
- Bonus tutorial (2 hours) : How to Create Effective Desert and Underwater Environments. How to create Heatwaves, Mirages, Dust, Desert Storms, Caustics, Light rays using postwork techniques
(Includes all benefits of the premium ticket)
Join the STUDIO forum VIP resource area to access a huge searchable video library of every community workshop we’ve done to date!
- 31 searchable recordings, also with optional captions
- Over 50 hours of content
- Search the entire library at once
- Download all recordings as MP4 files
- 12 months access
Note that the majority of the content is centred on DAZ Studio.
There’s a large range of topics such as:-
- DAZ Studio
- Artificial Intelligent applications for art
- Artist mindsets