Paint your World!
VUE’s EcoSystem is a powerful way of populating scenes with millions of objects, such as trees, stones and plants. It increases the natural details and complexity in a scene when providing a fast way to build up a beautiful environment. However it does pay to be efficient when using the EcoSystem and Karen Reedstrom, award winning Vue artist and product vendor, shows you how – saving on processing time and memory. She goes through eight scenic examples giving you an in-depth tour of the EcoSystem and EcoPainter. Closely aligned with the Ecosystem tool is the particle system; Karen also provides a step by step introduction to this.
Date : Two webinar sessions : Saturday 22nd June and Sunday 23rd June
Start time for both sessions : 20:00 BST (London)/15:00 EDT (New York)/12:00 (Los Angeles)
Duration : 1.5 hours+ for each session
- Overview of the principles of the EcoSystem and how to use the EcoPainter.
– How to pick plants/objects that won’t over tax your processor and the use of Dynamic Population.
– How to use the settings in the General, Density, Scaling & Orientation, Colour, and Presence tabs.
– We will use a variety of objects and terrains to use dynamic populations.
– How to paint vines and plants on a wall with the EcoPainter.
- An overview of when to use the EcoSystem, the EcoPainter or when to use both.
- Using clustered distributions for greater realism.
- Build a cityscape in blocks to populate different coloured buildings in orderly lines.
- Learn 3D Snowflake painting in a frosted window scene.
- Create a scene with 3D snowflakes falling on a little girl.
- Animate a scene using 3D snowflakes in a particle system.
- Sci-fi essentials : create a ringed planet with countless icy rock particles.
- Dynamic scene creation : generate leaves to swirl around a tree in the wind.
- Produce your own tiny worlds : build a mini planet with paving stone paths, grass, flowers and a tree!
- How to make an asteroid belt using dynamic ecosystems in layers on alpha planes.
Class Materials Included
- 3D snowflake package
- VUE building pack and city scene to experiment creating your own cities
About Karen Reedstrom (Minto)
Karen has been using Vue since Vue 4 and has posted many renders on Cornucopia 3D, winning awards and actively taking part in contests. She has been a long-time vendor on the former Cornucopia 3D store creating objects, plants, skies, and more. Professionally she has used Vue for Ford Motors online training courses and combining DAZ and Poser characters with Vue to create artwork, movie one sheets and book covers.