All of us have a creative workspace. It may be a little messy and disorganised – but it’s the heart of where we put life into our creative ideas and output.
This community event is all about your creative space as a digital artist. That world includes your desk environment, anything that you place on or around your desk that might give you inspiration for your work. It also includes your hardware setup – the investment you’ve put in to support your creative vision.
The artwork in the poster above by Tarik Keskin shows a future interior space that could easily be seen as a “perfect space” for creative working; plenty of light, clean and uncluttered with an inspiring view.
Here’s my workspace (without any tidying up beforehand!) –
This is a community webinar to talk about your creative space, your hardware set up and to share tips on either aspect that could help other artists. We’ll talk about:-
- Your creative environment
- It would be great for your to share a picture or give us a LIVE webcam view of your space during the session.
- What books, models, family photos or other items do you place on or around your desk to provide inspiration?
- What could you do to improve your environment?
- What top 2 tips do you have that may help other creatives work better in their creative environments?
- Your hardware setup
- What’s your primary PC or Apple Mac machine that you use?
- What screen do you use? Do you have 1,2 or more screens?
- How about lighting? Is there adequate lighting for your creative corner?
- Do you have a secondary machine for other purposes?
- Do you use any Wacom digital tablet (or similar) or other hardware accessories that you might recommend?
- Tell us about your backup system. Do you have a Network Attached Storage (NAS) drive for backing up your work?
- Your view out your window
- Do you have an inspiring view out of your window that helps your creative muse?
- If you don’t have a window or not much of a view; what would your perfect view be?
I’d like to challenge you to take a photo of your creative workspace and then annotate some of the details about it (like my example above), then post a reply with your image in the “Show us YOUR studio or creative workspace” thread inside the Digital Art Live STUDIO, the new forum space for the Digital Art Live community.
Click HERE to join.
Webinar Event Details
Date : Sunday 20th December
Start time : 21:00 GMT (London), 16:00 EDT (New York), 13:00 PDT (Los Angeles)
Duration : 1.5 hours