What is ZModeler, how does it work and why is it needed in ZBrush?
The ZModeler is a brush within ZBrush containing a whole suite of poly-based modeling functions that generates a great variety of shapes. This brush is superb for low resolution modeling! It includes a unique snapping ability – easier to create holes, add edge loops….all the way to building your next awesome sci-fi spaceship or must-have prop.
The ZModeler Brush alone contains most of the common functions found in 3D-modeling packages but also has a few smarter ones like the QMesh Action.
Join Jessica Beaubien teaching you how ZModeler provides astonishing power for creating low resolution assets in ZBrush.
- Learn how to create precisely measured models
- Generate fast low poly models
- Crisp edged models
- Gain more edge and poly control during the modeling process.
Who is this class for?
- Beginners in ZBrush
- Those who are new to ZModeler
- How Jessica discovered ZBrush, ZModeler and how she overcame the BIG, BAD interface.
Jessica will show and tell the proven power of ZModeler with three case studies.
- Case Study 1 : Beautifully modeled jewellery : the Claddagh Ring
- Case Study 2 : Sci-fi pod prop set
- Case Study 3 : Hallway 0403 – sci-fi styled set with locking door and greebled control panel
With each case study, you’ll uncover how to go from design to product, the inspirations for each.
As you discover the creative process with these case studies you learn…
1. The co-ordinate grid unpacked and explained
2. Powerful tips for Polygon lines and polygon tools
- Repeating specific depths (QMesh tool)
- Create solid hard line (Crease) – reducing the polygon count
- Controlling the bevel on your edges
- Increase the polylines/polygons in a specific area
3. Speed modeling tip : how to create holes and cutouts
4. Mighty benefits : combining ZModeler with ZRemesher
5. Dynamesh with ZModeler : How to overcome the “trial and error” of using these together
6. Three ways to create greebles using the ZModeler QMesh tool
7. Learn how to convert low poly hard based models to high poly count
- PDF guide- on how to create a Greebles pack
- IMM 31 brush pack of Greebles
- IMM hardware realism 79 brush pack : including screws, nuts, bolts, fasteners and similar.
- Bonus tutorial : going a little deeper with ZModeler
ZBrush version 2021 but earlier versions with ZModeler acceptable.
Please note that ZBrush Core does not include ZModeler – so this webinar lesson cannot cater for ZBrush core users.
About the Presenter : Jessica Beaubien (AKA Fain)
I’ve been using ZBrush since 2011. I create most of my 3D art in DAZ Studio and I’ve used Poser before that. I use Zbrush for modeling props that I then utilize back in DAZ Studio.
I love the sci fi and fantasy genres. because this lets me play with futuristic technology! I think part of that stems from my background which is in aircraft maintenance. I’ve also spent many years on metalworking, jewellery and crafting. I certainly enjoy thinking about how things work, why they work and how they were made.