dForce Coaching Group
“How do I successfully add dForce modifiers to hair or clothing to get that elusive realism?”
If you are a content creator, getting a complete understanding of dForce is one of the holy grails needed to create attractive content to customers.
Everyone wants dynamic, realistic clothing or hair.
Real folds, real creases, real draping.
“How can I extend the use of dForce to add realism to scenes and environments?”
If you are an artist, you may be wanting to have your scenes “more lived in” and discover other extraordinary uses dForce has in DAZ Studio.
But dForce can be tricky. By its very nature you need to run a ton of simulations to understand it, adjust it, let alone apply it to your content.
If you’re an artist dForce can add a special realism to a scene; including physics that other renders just won’t have.
Once you understand dForce and can successfully apply it to your content or scene, you are in a pole position as a vendor or artist.
There is a real benefit from getting interactive guidance for learning dForce. Imagine just learning how to run several dForce simulations instead of dozens to speed up your workflow and save time.
Perhaps you are looking for an outstanding expert that has used dForce in dozens of experiments, run hundreds of simulations and has actively tested the engine in many new scenarios.
Imagine an experienced dForce artist sitting with daily, coaching you through every scenario, helping you understand every parameter, avoid frustration and guide you to create outstanding realistic content, ready to attract new customers.
dForce also provides a lot of fun and if you’re working in a group that is reaching for that common goal of understanding, there’s a great experience to be had for quality camaraderie, feedback, support, and celebrating wins. Each of our coaching groups has experienced that (to a high level) in 2020.
It will be led by Richard Schafermeyer who is an expert on the dForce engine. He has helped many artists in the DAZ forums and he’s been a reliable and steady support for them.
Now he’s going to dedicate 8 weeks of his time on providing deep and comprehensive coaching for a small group of students (up to 15 only) starting on Sunday the 10th of January.
During the course what will you learn?
- Purposes /uses for dForce
- dForce fundamentals : parameters explained in detail
- dForce combined with weight mapping
- Creating animations with dForce
- Clothing – Pants, Skirts and Shirts
- Clothing – Accessories (buttons, fasteners etc.)
- Converting legacy clothing for dForce
- Wrinkles, folds, puffy sleeves
- Details in clothing realism that aren’t thought about
- dForce (cloth) hair/fur
- Preparing legacy hair for dForce and applying it.
- dForce scene props caves , landscapes
- Realistic environment elements : footsteps, ploughed fields, roughness
- Character skin deformations
- dForce Interactions – object with self
- dForce Interactions – object with others
- Posing a character that includes dForce content
- dForce troubleshooting : explosions
- Additional tools to solve problems/create effects : push modifiers and mesh grabber
- dForce to create special effects; footsteps, indentations, ocean waves
- Other tools to look at : dForce magnet, ghost dynamics
During the course what will you experience?
- Weekly live training and coaching to learn dForce in-depth.
- Clarity from a dForce engine expert
- Shared active learning during sessions working on provided scenes
- Belong to a close-knit group of artists
- A private chat group to keep the class connected every day.
- Recognition of your progress and improvements.
- Weekly challenges to help your strive and grow throughout the course.
What coaching group members are saying
Working with Paul and Digital Art Live has given me such a fresh approach upon my art. From a friendly and welcoming environment, to a supporting and cohesive set of tutors and support. Going on the Studio Mastery Course was the biggest leap of faith I have taken with regards to artistic endeavours, and I do not regret a single moment of it. Paul is a wonderful host and lead for the courses and demonstrates the ability to nurture people of all skill levels and help them blossom into the creative delights that they wish to be. I would pick up another course like this in a heartbeat to continue my journey and growth through the creative landscape of my mind.
My experience with Esha and your program for learning rigging is beyond phenomenal. I came in with the impression that this was going to be a quick tutorial on how to setup basic technical settings on how to do a basic rig in DAZ Studio. Boy was I wrong! In a good way! Every time we set up a session, I am blown away by how much detail and problem solving Esha’s sessions go into! I would not have imagined the advanced techniques and attention to detail she brings into each session! I’ve heard a few students call this information priceless, and I agree 100%.
The chat rooms are so full of information! Just reading people’s questions and people’s responses, it’s an invaluable time saver! When I read the questions and their solutions it reminds me, “I would have had to go thru those hiccups myself, and there’s the solution!”. The chat room creates a great sense that you’re not alone, and it gives you a freedom to test things out and get into “trouble”. I am more than satisfied with this course. It has surpassed my expectations and more! I highly, highly recommend this type of session to anyone!
Here’s How it Works
A Carefully Selected Coaching Group
I review applications before artists are given an offer to join the group so you can rest assured that this will be a dedicated and creative set of people for you to grow with.
8 weeks of Support and Training
The group will run from the 10th of January to the beginning of March.
Each week we’ll have a Zoom webinar meeting (up to 1.5 hours) composed of training , coaching and follow up.
The topics of these training sessions will be based on the above, but we’ll pay special attention to coaching you through your sticking points.
We’ll ask you to follow along on certain tasks on your own DAZ Studio during the class. We’ll provide you with certain scenes with primitives so that everyone is on the same page as we learn dForce.
In our live meetings everyone will share wins, goals, and challenges to get support, accountability, and feedback from the group and guidance from us.
Private online group area to interact between Zoom calls
Any time you need some input or encouragement, you can turn to the private group on a daily basis to connect with other group members.
We’ve found that the private group work area is a powerful connecting tool to keep the conversation going between the weekly meetings.
This extends the benefits of the coaching group beyond the mastermind and workshop calls.
If you would like additional resources, there’s a VIP add-on option that gives you the following in addition to everything above:-
- PDF class notes pack prepared by Richard, including resource links.
- At the end of the course a bolt on VIP class to help you get started in planning and crafting a new dForce project (artwork or content) of your choosing.
- 10 hour dForce tutorial bundle set “dForce Complete” – contains the DAZ 3D store products “Powerful dForce Discoveries and Solutions”, “New dForce Discoveries” and “dForce : Fantastic Voyage”