Vendor Mastery : Creating with Impact
14 Hours of Tuition to Power up your Poser 3D Content
This nine session conference for Poser vendors was a series of live webinar presentations broadcast during October 2014, originally created in conjunction with Runtime DNA.
Nine highly experienced content creators and Poser industry leaders go through high value tutorials on how to make a greater impact as a Poser vendor. The content was recorded with use of Poser Pro 2014 and Poser 10 though still directly relates to Poser Pro 11 and Poser 11.
Each video session is at least 1.5 hours in length and is in HD format. Over 14 hours of content.
Poser Expo 3 Keynote “Community and Collaboration It’s About the Art”
by Lisa Buckalew
“For me, the calling to art was stronger than the fear of starving and through my passion for art I’ve dispelled the starving myth and developed a new way to think and believe about art being my job.
So now, when I think of art as a career instead of saying “starving artist” my mind automatically says “thriving artist” – Lisa Buckalew HiveWire3D co-founder
“Making First Impressions with Impact!”
by Eric VanDycke (Traveler) and Syyd Raven
– Discuss “Impact” of Advertising Artwork
– Breaking down some iconic Poser advertising works
– Expression and Lighting Drama
– Syyd’s render setup and advertising tips
– Lighting and Camera tips & tricks
– Bringing it all together
“Using Story to Build Memorable Portraits and Promotional Art”
by Mary Williams (Nightsong)
– Introduction:Why approach this artwork differently?
– Finding the Focus: Where do you want the viewers’ attention to be?
– Step by Step: Building a focused image with a specific goal in mind.
– Cropping and Framing: Other ways to keep the attention where you want it.
– Negative can be Positive: Using the negative space to your advantage.
– Striking a Balance: The difference between artistic and technical renders and the need for both.
“Top Secrets of Poser you Wished you had Known Earlier”
by Charles Taylor (Nerd3D)
A whole feast of shortcuts, timesaving tips and hacks that you’d wish you known earlier about Poser.
“Concept to Content : The Complete Journey of Poser Content Creation”
by Arki (Kim Schneider)
– Developing a solid idea fororiginal content.
– First steps : sketches and scribbles
– The Idea takes shape in 3D
– How to go from sketch to model
– Milestones, Second Thoughts and Changes along the Way
– Promo work : Get Your Product in Pole Position for Vending
– The Grand Finale – Ready for Sale?
“Modelling and UV Mapping with Premium Tips and Tricks”
by Connie Barrett (BadKittehCo)
– Planning your model – what to think about before it gets out of hand.
– How much detail to put in and why . – Cheating is OK
– T… T… Topology what and why. Triangles and poles aren’t (always) evil.
– UV Mapping : wrap your head around it. What to consider when starting.
– You’re in charge. When the UV mapping program just doesn’t do it right.
– The Fruit Stand Problem. UV map packing and why does it matter.
– Getting ready to texture (Template rendering)
“Rhythm in Rigging”
by Joseph Dennison (Netherworks)
– Benefits and Drawbacks versus Traditional Methods.
– Finessing the Brush Tools.
– Mesh Density and Polygon Flow.
– Approaches to weighting – freeform painting vs dropping spheres to weights.
– Adjusting weights to get smooth results when posing.
– Using Weighted Bulges for added effect.
– Transferring Weights to Clothing.
– Joint orders Demystified.
“Creating Realistic using Reality 3 Secrets of the SSS Shader”
by Paolo Ciccone (Reality for Poser)
Poser Expo3 Keynote “Back to the Future : What’s Next for 3D?”
by Paolo Ciccone
Paolo shares his vision of what’s next for the 3D industry.