In this live webinar session, John Haverkamp provides live sculpting of the character Tywin Lannister from the Game of Thrones!
You will learn:-
- The importance of strong proportional and anatomy knowledge so the photo reference doesn’t mislead.
- “Reading” the reference correctly to get essential particulars of the features; starting from broad to narrow.
- Using a reference to inform details like wrinkles and skin pores.
- The sculpt technique with the paintover process
- Adding and Subtracting: standard brush, clay build-up brush and dam standard brush.
- Smoothing and trimming: smooth brush, trim dynamic brush and trim curve brush
- Use of the move brush, move topological brush and snake hook brush.
Fan art is an incredibly useful tool for channelling inspiration and motivation into a real project that can get your work noticed. After all, the most useful inspiration is that which is acted upon, rather then left in the back of our minds.
Creating fan art can generate understanding of design and techniques during the process, which may not have otherwise been learned.