APPLICATIONS NOW CLOSED
We are starting a DAZ Studio Content Creation Mastery Coaching Program in mid October 2020
Contact us if you’re interested in this and we’ll tell you about the application process
“How can I get a comprehensive grasp of DAZ Studio to recreate specific scenes from my imagination?”
I hear some version of this question from many aspiring artists who are ready to take their creativity to the next level.
They’ve hit a growth ceiling and aren’t sure how to break through it or they’re just feeling a bit stagnant and need to shake things up.
Perhaps you can relate.
Perhaps you are in need of gaining a new learning program for DAZ Studio, new creative ideas, and being exposed to new work flows that can speed up your artwork and save you time.
Perhaps you are looking for a mentor that’s already travelled through all the “pain points” of DAZ Studio, so you don’t have to keep bumping into them yourself.
Perhaps you’re feeling isolated, in need of more connection with other artists who have similar goals and values…to have a place to turn for camaraderie, feedback, support, and celebration.
That’s why we’ve created…
This mastery group is specifically for :-
1) DAZ Studio artists that want to fill in their knowledge gaps and resolve all of their pain points
2) Artists that would benefit from a planned framework to get the best out of DAZ Studio
3) Someone who has always wanted to recreate their imagined scenes
4) Someone who would benefit from learning by regular contract in a close group of artists with similar visions (and struggles) as you.
It’s structured to help you uncover the next evolution of your creative level so that you can have a bigger impact and generate more influence from your creative ideas and expertise.
The focus is on a comprehensive grasp of DAZ Studio and finding a consistent style for your art.
This is a consistent and safe place for you to get support, feedback, accountability, camaraderie and new perspectives from people you can trust who have similar creative aspirations to you. It’s a place to benefit from diverse ideas and the expertise of the lead artist in this group, Drew Spence.
We promise to support you in every way we can by sharing knowledge, techniques, resources and mindsets to realize your creative goals.
I have been inspiring, promoting, educating and connecting digital artists since 2010. I’ve published over 110 issues of our magazines 3D Art Direct, Digital Art Live and VISNews, with in-depth interviews of fantastic artists that inspire others with their work. I’ve hosted and organised over 200 live events to connect and educate digital artists, with many events having a focus on 3D figure based software such as DAZ Studio or Poser.
Drew Spence has logged hundreds of hours using DAZ Studio to illustrate volumes of comics, including “Force Six The Annihilators“. Drew is a graduate of Stony Brook University with a Bachelor of Arts degree in Fine Art and holds various certificates – from graphic arts to web design. Drew Spence was the CEO and Editor-in-chief of Producer’s Edge magazine, a quarterly publication dedicated to all aspects of music production. He currently lives on Long Island, New York and produces his work from the aptly named Fallout Shelter Studios, where he crafts crafty and clever comics using CGI and photorealistic image manipulation.
In this mastermind group, Drew provides his insights and the experience of his own learning journey in overcoming your pain points in using DAZ Studio. Save time and money by utilising a more efficient workflow and getting more out of your DAZ Studio experience.
Areas of Artistic Growth
Over 12 weeks of learning, we’ll look at these vital parts of your creative workflow to find your greatest opportunities for growth and help you achieve them with strategies that fit you.
These are topics that are top of mind for us, but we’ll listen to what you need in the group and adjust the list accordingly.
1) Have a robust mindset to recreate your imagined worlds
2) Comprehensively understand the basics of 3D graphics
3) Unpack the power of your virtual cameras
4) Pose and express your characters naturally
5) Morph your characters to just how you imagined
6) Dress your characters to their best and alter clothing textures
7) Modify DAZ studio materials and props for further bespoke set design
8) Light your scenes like a pro
9) Understand the DAZ Studio render engines
10) Have a professional approach to composition
11) Gain a large toolkit of postwork techniques
12) Save time with best render settings and optimisation techniques
13) Manage your content library for quicker asset retrieval/storage
14) Multiply your assets and save money by intelligent kit bashing
15) Apply dForce assets effectively
16) Understand the basics of animation
Here’s How it Works
A Carefully Selected Coaching Group
I interview everyone before they can join the group so you can rest assured that this will be a dedicated and creative set of people for you to grow with.
12 weeks of Support and Training
The group will run from early September to early December.
Each week we’ll have a meeting (up to 1.5 hours) composed of training , coaching and follow up.
The topics of these training sessions will be based on the needs of the group. Drew will share solutions, strategies and techniques to help you get results where you need them.
This is where everyone will share wins, goals, and challenges to get support, accountability, and feedback from the group and guidance from us.
You’ll have opportunities to get a focus just on you and have Drew and I as well as the rest of the group look over one of your goal or challenges to help help you leap forward in your creativity.
If needed, I’ll bring in trusted colleagues from my network who are experts in any extra areas we want to focus on.
A 30-Minute 1:1 Kickoff Strategy Call
We’ll talk about what you need from the mastery group and set goals/intentions
To find at least one breakthrough and next action on one of your most important goals or most significant challenges.
Private online chat to interact with the group between calls
Any time you need some input or encouragement, you can turn to the private group to connect with other group members.
This extends the benefits of the mastery group beyond the mastermind and workshop calls.
If you would like additional resources, there’s a VIP add-on option that gives you the following in addition to everything above:-
- Complete access to the Visual Narratives Academy video library (over $1400 worth of tutorials related to visual narrative art)
- Complete access to all back issues of VISNews – resources, industry news and interviews with visual narrative artists using tools such as DAZ Studio and Poser
- Access to specific tutorials that we’ve published that will directly help resolve your pain points.