Can’t make the live webinar? Register and we’ll send you the HD quality recording
20:00 GMT (London)/12:00 PST (Los Angeles)/15:00 EST (New York)
- A narrative walk-through on some of Tasos’s visuals discussing:
- ambiance and atmosphere
- Creating a graphic novel using Poser and Photoshop – The use of Poser and how you can push the digital result to the next level
- Collaborating with Neil Gibson (T-Pub comics) to create the graphic novel ‘The Traveller’
- The importance of the writing part in comics
- How to Create Comics in Poser
- The importance of scene composition and the Poser camera
- Deconstructing the comic book filter in Poser Pro 11 – Things I’ve learnt so far.
- Various ways to use lights in poser with the comic book filter
- The use of Poser Pro 11 in digital illustrations
- How to Create a Comic using photographs
- Filters in photoshop to achieve a more comic book like effect
- Creating comic book brushes in Photoshop
- The cartoon filter in Poser Pro 11 – How to create an anime scene – post work it in Photoshop
- Stepping away from the mainstream comic book styles to create with a style you really like
Duration : 1.5+ hours
Presented by Tasos Anastasiades
Tasos Anastasiades is an Assistant Professor and the Vice Chair in the Department of Arts at the European University Cyprus.
In 2004, he started publishing the “Plastic Comics” magazine, the first comic book created and published in Cyprus. In 2006 and 2009, he won Distinctions for professional artists in the Annual Greek Comic Book Competitions in Greece.
In 2013, he co-created ” Uni-Man”, the first superhero of Cyprus. ” Uni-Man” was featured in “Whispers”, the first Cypriot super-hero short film directed by Andreas Kyriakou. The movie travelled to various film festivals worldwide and was featured at Malta Comic Con and Cyprus Comic Con. The movie “Whispers” also marked Tasos acting debut, as he portrays a comic book shop owner. In 2013, he also became a Co-Founder and Organising Member of the Cyprus Comic Con. He remained in Cyprus Comic Con’s Organising Committee until 2016.
In 2014, he published his first graphic novel titled ‘Fascista’. The graphic novel aimed to create awareness against all forms of Fascism in the hope that fascist ideas would seize to exist. During that year he also published together with Nearchos Konstantinou and Anna Fodiadou the first Cyprus Comic Book Anthology titled “Current” which featured comic book stories created by Cypriot artists.
In 2015, Tasos Anastasiades visual work was selected to be used in the official Promo Real of Poser Pro 11. Poser Pro 11 is a 3d software that is produced by Smith Micro, one of the biggest companies in the field of 3d design, animation and illustration.
Tasos Anastasiades also participated in numerous festivals and exhibitions, with his latest being the 8th United Designs Biennial Exhibition in 2016.
In 2017, he was selected by the Cyprus Embassy in Romania and the Cyprus Ministry of Education and Culture to represent Cyprus at the 5th EUROPEAN COMICS FESTIVAL organized by the European Union National Institutes for Culture (EUNIC). His graphic novel ‘Fascista’ was displayed at the festival.
Currently he is working on a short comic book series title “The Traveller” in collaboration with Neil Gibson, owner and publisher of T-Pub comics in London. He is also involved in a movie project titled “Small White Envelops” with his first major acting role. The movie is funded by the Cyprus Ministry of Education and Culture.
In 2015, Tasos Anastasiades’ visual work was selected to be used in the official Promo Reel of Poser Pro 11. Poser Pro 11 is a 3D software that is produced by Smith Micro, one of the biggest companies in the field of 3d design, animation and illustration.
Special Poser Tutorial Bundle Offer in our Store