This is a live webinar workshop by Charles Taylor (Nerd 3D) who is widely known as one of the foremost experts on all the workings of Poser. The session is designed to help you solve a problem live as Charles shares his desktop and goes step by step through a solution.
– Techniques learned can be applied in Poser and Poser Pro
– Engage with Other Like-Minded Poser users in Live Chat & Audio
– Own Poser 11? Let us know what you need help with in the lastest Poser version.
Survey – what’s your greatest challenge with Poser right now?
Common Poser Problems Solved – such as these:-
– How to light outdoor scenes.
– Best use of the Setup Room and the recommended workflow within it.
– Overcoming struggles with Material nodes
– Some basics on working with Mocap (Motion Capture) files in Poser
– Review on the Morph Brush
– The problem of Moire!
– The strengths/weaknesses/best uses of the various characters that come with Poser 2014
– What content is “hot” from a vendor point of view?
– What is in the works for future characters/models–increased polys? new weight mapping?
Q. Who is this webinar for?
– Someone who’s struggled with anything in Poser!
– This webinar recording is for anyone with some familiarity of Poser or the Poser Pro products
About Charles Taylor
“I started with Poser in 1999 right after Poser 4 was released. At that time I was working as a mechanic, trying to start a computer repair business and fiddling with this new toy called Poser.
Even in school I always wanted to do computer graphics for a living, but I didn’t know how or where to get started. I figured my chances of getting into movies as a CG artist were pretty slim. Poser has made my dream of working as a CG artist come true. I now work at home creating content for the Poser Universe.
My first Poser product was “Morgana”, an extremely skimpy costume for the Poser 4 female or Posette. I sold the first copy of Morgana May 10th of 2000. That changed my world. My wife Lynda knew how much I wanted to do this for a living. I was scared to let go of the 9 to 5 world. She eventually talked me into it and I went to full time Poser content creation.
Now I spend my time pushing the limits of what Poser can do. I guess that is what I’ve always done with Poser. My latest products introduce smoke and fire simulations into Poser without the need for scripts or troublesome plugins. I think there’s a lot more to explore in this direction. These new tools were created using some of the new features in Poser that allow editing of channel dependencies inside Poser.
For me Poser is much more than a program. It’s a way of life and a lively hood. Since I started Lynda has been diagnosed with a disabling disease. Poser allows me to take care of her and make a living from home doing what I love.”