- This event has passed.
Sci-fi Special Effects : Laser Swords, Blasters and Spaceships with Photoshop
June 1, 2019 @ 8:00 pm - June 2, 2019 @ 9:30 pm BST$55.00
Creating an astounding science fiction universe requires numerous special effects. Want to know how to add laser swords, energy bolts, explosions, starship jets and contrails to give your visuals extra dynamics? Drew Spence takes you on a step by step journey to help you create some sci-fi vitality in your story world. He’ll use Photoshop to demonstrate the best techniques and brushes as well as other must-have resources to help you build your sci-fi universe.
Part 1 : Sci-fi weapons
Date: Saturday 1st June
Duration: 1.5+ hours.
Laser swords : “An elegant weapon for a more civilized age.”
- Laser sword effects
- Laser sword trails
- Sabre locks : laser swords clashing
- Cutting and slashing effects
- Recommended lighting for laser sword effects
- Best laser sword related products
Laser Blasters : “Sorry about the mess.”
- Laser blaster effects
- Sci-fi muzzle flash
- Blaster explosions
- Blaster scoring effects
- Shattered glass
- Streaming phaser beam
- Best blaster/laser/scoring brushes and products
Part 2 : Sci-fi Starships
Date: Sunday 2nd June
Duration: 1.5+ hours.
Spaceship jets, contrails and damage : “I’ve outrun Imperial starships, not the local bulk-cruisers, mind you…”
- Jet effects – using authentic lighting
- Jet engine trails and high energy plasma exhaust
- Space warp/jump effect including star trails
- Battle damage : dirtying up a spacecraft in a laser battle
- Colors for jets – what works?
- Best brushes and resources for jets and contrails
- Bonus : Must-have – three incredible resources – surprising source of special effects you wouldn’t expect.
Inside a Spaceship : “Would it help if I got out and pushed?”
- Plasma tubes
- Classic Sci-fi corridors – dressing and lighting for different scenes
- Sci-fi control panels : from kit bash to a graphic dashboard
During the webinars (If there’s time) or afterwards in the FB Digital Art Live community group…
- We’ll assist you with your own sci-fi/fantasy scenes to give you feedback on adding/adjusting special effects
About the Presenter Drew Spence