- This event has passed.
Poser : How to Create Superb Textures using the PBR emulator for FireFly
July 16, 2017 @ 8:00 pm - 9:30 pm UTC+0$14.00 – $19.00
How to use stunning PBR textures for renders in Poser FIREFLY
with the PBR-EMUALTOR Poser plugin.
Book early on this event and grab a saving!
NOTE PBR EMULATOR PLUGIN IS NOW ON SALE!
Sunday 16th July
20:00 BST (London)/12:00 PDT (Los Angeles)/15:00 EDT (New York)
Can’t Make the Live Webinar? Registration includes an Indexed HD Recording
Are you a Poser artist wanting to see more realistic textures in your renders?
Are you a Poser Content Creator wanting to make a drastic reduction in time and workload for texture creation and application?
In this webinar you’ll learn:-
- How to use modern ‘Next Generation’ content with PBR textures in FIREFLY for Poser 9+
- How to use create and use HYBRID materials which work in FIREFLY or SUPERFLY (Poser 11)
- Automatic application – no manual adjustment in the material room.
- How to easily use hyper realistic PBR textures with detailing like scratches, dust and surface roughness.
- How to leave behind complex, node-driven and intensive manual adjustments for textures.
- Reduction in material zones in their props and figures.
- How to save time and workload in texturing if you are a content creator.
Webinar Date, Time and Duration
Sunday July 16th – 20:00 BST (London)/12:00 PDT (Los Angeles)/15:00 EDT (New York)
Expected duration : 1.5+ hours
1. Introduction to PBR technology and terminology
2. Why is using PBR textures in Firefly desireable?
- Key advantages over traditional Firefly materials
- Available Special effects,
- Why PBR texturing is a must for your renders
- Why content creators will have a premium advantage in using PBR in Firefly
3. How PBR materials can be made or found
- Overview of existing tools and sources
- True-to-life demonstrations in Substance Painter of what special effects can be achieved
- Which specifics need to be considered (like metal/roughness workflow, MAT zones, DirectX Normal Maps, etc)
- How to apply PBR textures with the PBR-Emulator in Poser
- Ideal settings to be made for Poser Firefly render engine
- Trouble shooting and typical scenarios you can fix.
You can find out more about the PBR EMULATOR plug in HERE at the ByteFactory3D store at Renderosity
About the Presenter : Martin Gehrke
Martin (also known as Charlie) has a University degree as a psychologist and achieved further university studies in Business Management and Computer Sciences. Since the age of 15 he has been a pilot and later as a flight instructor. After finishing university, he worked as an expert consultant for a series of airline pilots and astronauts and also specialised in aircraft accident investigation.
In 2007 he decided together with his wife to work and live in Africa. In DR Congo, in the middle of the real jungle and in civil war areas, he re-organized a project for the re-integration of former child soldiers, helping more than 2,300 children and teens. Later, in Uganda, Martin worked for two years as a consultant to the head of the national umbrella organisation for all rural co-operatives, implementing systems for project monitoring and evaluation.
Martin has been doing traditional painting and drawing since a young age. In 2002 he discovered, together with his two sons, the magic of Digital Arts and has been using Poser, Bryce, Carrara, Hexagon, DAZ-Studio, Lightwave, UV-Mapper Pro, UV-Layout and Paintshop. After returning from Africa three years ago, he decided to work as a content creator under the brand ‘Bytefactory3D’, working with family and friends who are also digital or traditional artists.
For three years now Martin also teaches (part time) ‘Digital Arts’ at a local school, using DAZ-Studio to introduce students to this amazing subject!
8 people are attending Poser : How to Create Superb Textures using the PBR emulator for FireFly