- This event has passed.
How to Create Outstanding Skin Art (Poser and DAZ Studio)
July 15, 2017 @ 8:00 pm - 9:30 pm UTC+0$39.00 – $45.00
Mastering Realistic Skin Art
Techniques also apply to Poser users
- Have you considered mastering the creation of skin art to enhance a character?
- Would you like to learn how to create a high level of realism for the use of tattoos or henna art, including “bleed” of the inks?
Esther Mann has created some incredible skin art and she will reveal everything she’s learned for you to do the same. She’ll show you in step by step fashion how to approach skin art projects. She’ll point out the details in her techniques that will help you gain consistent realism.
Date, Time and Duration
Saturday 15th of July at 21:00 BST (London), 12:00 PDT (Los Angeles), 15:00 EDT (New York)
For this session you’ll need:
DAZ Studio or Poser and Photoshop
- Different Types of skin art
- Henna Painting
- Considerations for Skin Art
- Depth of the skin art
- Degree of scarring
- Color of the artwork in relation to the skin it’s applied to
- Opacity of the artwork
- Coloring the artwork (tattoo)
- Image Editing Types
- Edit the base texture image
- Creating spec map
- Creating bump map
- Creating displacement map
- Layered image editing
- Texture Types and Maps Examined for skin art
- Full color mat
- Specular maps consideration : shininess and highlight colour.
- Bump map: surface bumps and wrinkles.
- Displacement Map.
- Normals map: faking the lighting of bumps and dents
- Finding the textures in DS
- Applying skin art – a layered approach for Photoshop
- Applying skin art – in DAZ Studio
About Esther Mann
“It all starts with my deep and abiding love of comics and comic book art. It’s an obsession that started in childhood with an uncle’s 100 volume collection of Classic Illustrated comic books.
I was raised by a muralist father and can remember painting large backdrop sets, landscapes and scenes for an amazing number of years. Of all the subjects we painted I found and still find, humans and the human figure to be the most fascinating.
These loves (the human figure and comic book styles) eventually led me to 3D art, a natural extension of this interest. I started with Poser and when Daz Studio was released that became my software of choice. As I browse through my runtime, I realize I’ve been producing art using 3D models since 2003, and I see a copy of Photoshop 6 sitting here on my shelf as well. Apparently I’ve been at this a while, and yet 3D art is still in it’s infancy as an artform. It is so very exciting to see where it goes as it evolves.
I’ve sold art at Comicons, been commissioned for paintings, worked on book illustrations, and have a website for book covers. It’s awesome and so much fun! I love learning. I love art. I love the 3D art style. Together I find them to be an incredible amount of fun, there’s not much I like doing more than meeting other artists, and exchanging ideas, tips, and tricks. It is definitely my idea of a good time!”
Esther’s DeviantArt gallery
12 people are attending How to Create Outstanding Skin Art (Poser and DAZ Studio)