Vital PlantFactory Projects: Modelling flowers and smaller species
Session 1 : Saturday 15th September: 20:00 BST (London), 15:00 EDT (New York), 12:00 PDT (Los Angeles)
Session 2: Sunday 16th September: 20:00 BST (London), 15:00 EDT (New York), 12:00 PDT (Los Angeles)
Can’t make the live sessions? Register and we’ll send you the HD recordings
See our Other LIVE WEBINAR EVENTS
PlantFactory by e-on software is a ground-breaking 3D vegetation modelling, animation and rendering software, with application to the CG, SFX, Architecture and Gaming communities.
This two-part webinar series marks a project-based continuation of the PlantFactory webinar series. If you are not familiar with the basics of PlantFactory, please watch the introductory sessions on PlantFactory first. You are expected to know your way around the software for following along the project-based webinar. There will be time for questions during the webinar related to the project. For answering basic questions, please familiarise yourself with the software prior to the event. If you are interested in more advanced features, you can watch the two-part webinar on advanced techniques in PlantFactory here.
In this two-part webinar series, we will take a look at modelling flowers and other smaller species.
Over the course of two sessions, you will learn
- Different approaches to modelling petals and blossoms
- How to use the new “flower node” introduced in PlantFactory 2016 R5 and refined in PlantFactory 2016 R6
- The differences between the different types of leaf creation techniques
- How to add advanced random deformations to leaves, stalks and petals
- How to create presets
- How to use PlantFactory’s dedicated editors and filter curves to model more intricate geometry directly inside the application
- How to work with realistic scale: modelling from the “small stuff” to the “bigger stuff”
- Tips for creating your textures and materials
- How to optimise the topology of your plant
- How to animate your plant with wind
- The influence of gravity and gravitropism
- How to create presets and published interfaces
- How to create metanodes for automating tasks
- How to graph your plants the “smart” way with clever dependencies
Have you seen our VUE Super Bundle?
6.5 hours of tutorials on creating VUE detailed scenes by Chris Hecker
About the Presenter : Daniel Seebacher
Daniel Seebacher has been using PlantFactory since its first version and has twelve years of background in VUE. He recently held a PlantFactory webinar on behalf of e-on/Bentley for students of the Bournemouth University in UK. His area of expertise lies in VUE’s Function Editor and PlantFactory’s node-based plant construction. He has contributed preset content and tutorial files to both VUE and PlantFactory and is currently writing a comprehensive book on VUE’s Spectral Cloud System that will unravel advanced node-based techniques for building Cumulonimbus clouds and much more. Daniel was featured in 3D World Magazine and has contributed a chapter to Duncan Evan’s “Digital Mayhem: 3D Landscape Techniques”. In 2010, he was among the finalists of e-on’s 3D Environment Competition.
Besides rendering natural environments, Daniel works in the German publishing industry. He is a trained bookseller and has a Master of Arts Degree from the Ludwig-Maximilian-University of Munich in Publishing. He is currently employed as an Author Relations Manager at one of Germany’s biggest self-publishing platforms and in charge of e-book distribution, marketing and sales for self-publishing authors. In his spare time, he plays in various orchestras and loves all kind of gaming, books and movies.