The power of fractals for art has been unlocked! It has provided some amazing creative avenues for artists. In this two session masterclass, Karen Reedstrom shows you how to create inspiring and other-worldly landscapes with fractal patterns. She provides two unique vistas and shows you how to build all of the supporting elements for VUE that complete these visionary scenes. The course (premium ticket only) includes Karen’s own created elements and guides, as well as bonus tutorials.
Session 1 : Two Visionary Vistas
Creating two inspiring fractal based landscapes with VUE in conjunction with Amberlight 2.
Saturday April 13th : 20:00 BST(London)/12:00 PDT (Los Angeles)/15:00 EDT (New York)
Duration : 1.5+ hours
- Introduction to the inspiring vista projects
- First vista creation
- How to create striking fractal terrain maps : a tour of Amberlight 2
- Generate the terrain and materials in Vue from the Amberlight image.
- Populate the planet : incorporate sci-fi city buildings (created by Karen)
- Add some action : spaceship placement
- Adding flare and details for spaceships (Photoshop)
- Photoshop actions and filters for remarkable renders
- Second vista generation with a new fractal terrain
- Fractal terrain placement in Vue and mesh adjustment with the Terrain Editor.
- Add material image to the terrain mesh.
- Sea creation
- Land adjustment : exact color picking for seamless matching.
- Photoshop enhancements for the second vista
Session 2 : Fashioning the Future
Creating sci-fi and futuristic elements in a scene : plants, materials, backdrop nebulas, sci-fi skies
Sunday April 14th : 20:00 BST(London)/12:00 PDT (Los Angeles)/15:00 EDT (New York)
Duration : 1.5+ hours
- How to create unique plants inside Vue with using Flame Painter
- Usage and tips for the Eco painter.
- Generate SciFi materials using Filter Forge and Vue’s material editor.
- Learning the maps : Alpha/Specular/Color and more
- Making impressive nebulae backdrops for Vue
- Comet and planet creation to enhance your skies.
- How to create spectacular sci-fi skies using the Atmosphere Editor
- Using clouds to create colorful nebulas and northern lights
- How to create a warp cloud for your spaceship to escape into!
- How to create an anvil head cloud.
Webinar Goody Bag (premium ticket only)
- Users will receive all Vue files; Sci-fi spaceship, City, plants, clouds, materials, comets, planets and fractal terrain maps used in the tutorial.
- Step by step guide in some of the activities with screen captures of the settings.
- Free Bonus tutorials included : the VUE super bundle .
About Karen Reedstrom (Minto)
Karen has been using Vue since Vue 4 and has posted many renders on Cornucopia 3D, winning awards and actively taking part in contests. She has been a long-time vendor on the former Cornucopia 3D store creating objects, plants, skies, and more. Professionally she has used Vue for Ford Motors online training courses and combining DAZ and Poser characters with Vue to create artwork, movie one sheets and book covers.