- This event has passed.
Character Creation : The Complete Guide for Designing Characters for Visual Stories
September 1, 2019 @ 8:00 pm - 9:30 pm BST$45.00
If you’re building a 3D character, have you struggled to find a consistent method to make sure they are distinctive and recognisable? Or are you just using trial and error….feeling your way to a possible result?
Drew Spence has solid experience in building dozens of 3D characters, including those for his Force Six Annihilators graphic novel series. In this webinar session, he’ll show you his step by step workflow to overcome the design hurdles in creating distinguished and memorable characters.
Webinar Duration : 1.5 hours+
Software used in this webinar : DAZ Studio
Content for this 3D Character Development Webinar Includes..
- Identifying the character and it’s role
- Who is your character design aimed at?
- Selecting a body type
- Define the character’s “look and feel”
- Exaggerating the defining features of the character
- Making the character distinctive
- Finding the default posture that sets a tone
- Hair for a character
- The silhouette check
- Character colours for skin, clothing and accessories
- Identifying specific character features for suggesting a history or lifestyle.
- Essential products and assets for creating a lead character or scene extras in Daz Studio.
- DAZ Studio compatible software and tools to aid in original character creation.
Bonus time for you : Have a character you’re having trouble developing? Bring what you’ve done so far and be prepared to share your desktop. We’ll help you during the session!
About the Presenter Drew Spence