This workshop is to bring together artists that enjoy creating dinosaur artwork and content. It’s a chance to for you connect with similar creative minds, discovering resources, tips, workflows, challenges and successes!
Arthur Dorety who created the artwork for this event will be giving a presentation on dinosaurs in fiction (the good, the bad and the ugly references) and in fact.
– The best of Arthur’s portfolio on dinosaur art using VUE and Poser.
– Information on the first fossil finds and art to depict early discoveries.
– “Bone Wars” of the 1800s between Edward Drinker Cope and Othniel Charles Marsh.
– Early art depictions from Charles R. Knight, Hawkins.
– Gertie the Dinosaur 1914 by American cartoonist and animator Winsor McCay
– Some of the best (and worst) film references
– Dinosaurs in modern art and 3D software enabling authentic depictions.
– 3D model resources models including fauna and flora.
– Using Vue to create an environment. Using a photo and photoshop with Poser
The rest of the session will be a chance to share your renders, challenges, favourite resources or promote your dinosaur content.
Amongst other subjects we could talk about:-
- Modeling resources
- Dinosaur environments : vegetation, scenery
- Favourite artwork
- Where to sell or distribute your art
During this webinar session I would like to encourage you to:-
- Show some of your current artwork to the group. Tell us about what inspired you for your work.
- Share a current challenge where you need help to progress
- Share at least one tip or solution that could help other artists
It’s not mandatory to do the above, if you’d rather just hang with other digital artists in the room and meet like minded creatives, you’re welcome to do this as well!
You’ll have the option to share your desktop in our webinar, so you can talk about your content or artwork in this way. This will be the easiest way to share your work.
You can register free to enter the webinar (standard registration), though if you’d like to have the webinar HD quality recording then use the premium registration.
This webinar is driven by YOU, the artist. The more artists that share a challenge or tip, then the more value that can be gained by other artists.
Planning to share something in this webinar? Message us now!