BONUS : Registration now includes the Tyrannosaurus Rex 3 model (worth $28.95 in the DAZ 3D store) and other assets for everyone that registers (premium ticket only)!
Herschel Hoffmeyer is an established published artist at the DAZ 3D store. He is an expert at producing high quality 3D models, especially when it relates to dinosaurs! In this webinar he reveals how he creates his stand-out promotional art by using both DAZ Studio and the Unreal Engine, which has assisted him in depicting his content in the very best way. The Unreal engine can be used as an additional marvellous asset to quickly render out your DAZ studio sourced content at high resolution. He will also go through a valuable catalogue of tips for posing, lighting and cameras in DAZ as well as key post-work actions in Photoshop.
Join us in this webinar to learn how to creates polished renders with DAZ and Unreal and learn more about Herschel’s fantastic range of models in more detail. Even if you’re not familiar with the Unreal Engine, we’ll take you step by step on how to take advantage of this under-used facility for rendering artwork.
Please note – it’s an advantage if you have an nvidia graphics card for this session.
Date : 16/06/2019 20:00 BST/15:00 EDT (New York)/ 12:00 PDT (Los Angeles)
Duration : 1.5 hours +
- The Strengths and Weaknesses of Using Daz Studio and Unreal Engine for rendering.
- Coming up with an idea of the scene/image you want to produce
- Daz Studio: Placing and posing key elements
- Daz Studio: Setting up a camera, hdri’s, and dynamic lighting
- Daz Studio: Placing props and background elements
- Daz Studio: Rendering in layers
- Exporting assets from Daz Studio
- Importing Assets into Unreal Engine 4
- Unreal Engine 4: Assembling imported assets so they’re ready to be rendered
- Unreal Engine 4: Establishing your scene
- Using Ansel to render high resolution images of your UE4 scene
- Using Unreal Engine 4 to render high resolution images of your scene (for non-nvidia card users)
- Adobe Photoshop: Adjust lighting, getting rid of noise, and sharpening your image
- Adobe Photoshop: Adding effects such as shadows, fog, debris, saliva, and blood.
- Adobe Photoshop: HDR Toning and Final Touches
About the Presenter : Herschel Hoffmeyer
Herschel is a respected 3D digital artist from Northern Missouri in the United States and uses Zbrush, Unreal Engine 4, Daz Studio, and Adobe Photoshop to produce his illustrations. He’s been providing commercial work for projects since 2013.
He fell in love with dinosaurs at a very young age. The Internet was still in its early stages and with no computer, the best place to learn about dinosaurs was from books. Once he had memorised all the dinosaur books from his local library, he then sought out the next library to do the same! Learning about dinosaurs was a lot of fun, but what he found most interesting was recreating artistic works with some added flavour!
Read a full interview with Herschel in our 2019 February magazine
Herschel’s DeviantArt gallery