- This event has passed.
VUE Community Workshop
February 6, 2021 @ 9:00 pm - 10:30 pm GMTFree – $25.00
In this community workshop, we’re pooling together the collective experience of VUE artists in one room, providing you with potential short cuts, high value tips, faster workflows AND the opportunity to share your artwork.
A theme we are exploring this month is “fun with height maps“. So I’d particularly love to see any work where you’ve used custom height maps to create unique shaped landscapes.
We would welcome your experiences in what you’ve learned when building and rendering your scenes.
This is a community workshop where VUE artists are invited to share their tips and renders.
If you have a useful tip to share, even if it’s just for a few minutes, then get in touch!
Premium Ticket Includes…
- This event’s HD webinar recording
- Audio interview with Vladimir Chopine.
- “Into the Distance” – A masterclass on scene building by Chris Hecker . (2 hours and 5 minutes)<
- “Further into the Distance” – Further Into the Distance : City Ecosystem Building with VUE, DAZ Studio and Photoshop (4 hours and 10 minutes)
As a community I’d like to pack the session with as many high value tips as possible, with topics such as…
- Character scenes
- Epic landscapes
- Particle systems
- Primitives in VUE
- Modeling for VUE
- The function editor
- Integrating VUE with other applications
During this webinar session I would like to encourage you to:-
- Show some of your current artwork to the group. Tell us about what inspired you for your work.
- Share a current challenge where you need help to progress
- Share at least one tip or solution that could help other artists
It’s not mandatory to do the above, if you’d rather just hang with other digital artists in the room and meet like minded creatives, you’re welcome to do this as well!
You’ll have the option to share your desktop in our webinar, so you can talk about your content or artwork in this way. This will be the easiest way to share your work.
The founder of Geekatplay and with a background in film production and computer sciences, 3D graphic has long provided a passionate pursuit for Vladimir, with a particular specialism in VUE. Serving 3D digital artists across the world, he has created over 2000 tutorials on VUE, The PlantFactory, Photoshop, Terragen, World Machine and a whole range of digital art software.
Originally from Moscow, he lives with his wife Ami Chopin, who is a professional writer in Salt Lake City, Utah.