- This event has passed.
DAZ Studio Natural Environments : UltraScenery
February 6, 2022 @ 9:00 pm - 10:30 pm GMTFree – $37.00
Event Poster Artwork by Bee Kay
UltraScenery by published artist HowieFarkes is a powerful tool to build highly detailed natural scenes in DAZ Studio. It has the capability of creating thousands of instances of trees, shrubs, stones etc. providing a rich environment without needing millions of polygons.
It is a popular product at DAZ that allows you to pick plenty of add-on ecosystems that can be found from around the world. There’s also several toolbox products (scripts) created by Code66 to make working with UltraScenery easier and to improve the realism of scenes even further.
Totte (Code66) will be presenting to talk about UltraScenery and his toolkits.
The product is so popular at the DAZ 3D forums, that the mega-thread has topped over 100 pages (now it’s on page 45 of the second thread), so it’s time to investigate the best practices in using this amazing tool!
In this webinar we will also see some artwork created with UltraScenery by our community members.
If you have used UltraScenery, we’d love to involve you by:-
- Seeing your artwork generated with any of the available ecosystems.
- Learning how you built your scenes.
- Hearing your top tips on using Ultrascenery
- Learning about your experience in using the UltraScenery Toolbox scripts
1. UltraScenery – what’s in the box and basic use
- What’s included with UltraScenery?
- Demonstrate best practices of the four step use:-
a. Create a heightmap for the terrain
b. Choose a landscape feature (road, stream, pond, etc)
c. Choose an Ecology (the plants and other elements)
d. Build the Scene.
- About randomizing the terrain and the ecology,
- Using vegetation layers
- Adjusting the water settings
2. What’s essential to add on to UltraScenery and why
- The Accelerator – performance differences with and without
3. Totte’s Favourite Ecosystems
4. Totte’s Toolkit 1 Demonstrated
- Hide/show ecology elements in the scene
- Height map generator
- Mask builder
5. Totte’s Toolkit 2 Demonstrated
- Mixing ecologies – the advantages
- Editing ecologies
- Ecology layers
- UST Instance Group locator
6. Totte’s other natural scenery scripts
- Oso Alien Scenery
- Alienator Pro
7. Community artwork, tips and demonstrations
- Includes entry to the introductory and main sessions
- HD quality Searchable and captioned recordings of the event
- Bonus tutorial : “Plugins” (1 hour 28 minutes)
The Plugins video explores utilities for Daz Studio and features MikeD and RiverSoft Art, Daz 3D published artists, as they discuss and demonstrate their powerful plugins with Daz Studio community members.
Webinar Date and Time
Date : Sunday 6th February
Time : 21:00 GMT (London) / 13:00 PST (Los Angeles) / 16:00 EST (New York)
Duration : 1.5 hours
About the Presenter Totte