- This event has passed.
January 16, 2022 @ 9:00 pm - 10:30 pm GMTFree – $35.00
Question : What’s your number one challenge related with dForce?
Get in touch and we’ll do our best to answer your question during the webinar.
- For some it’s understanding what dForce is in the first place
- Many want to know how to create dForce clothing
- Others want to know how to use dForce clothing with their characters
- How to add a dForce modifier?
- How to use dForce hair?
- How do I avoid dForce explosions?
- What do all the simulation and surface settings mean?
This webinar event has Richard Schafermeyer (rgcicny) who has THE longest running dForce thread on the DAZ forums answering your questions in a live setting. Richard has been experimenting with many aspects of the physics engine since it came into being.
The premium ticket includes:-
- Bonus webinar tutorial set also by rgcincy “dForce Fantastic Voyage” : worth $49
- Searchable recording of this webinar
- Richard will present answers to 3 questions often asked about dForce (first 30 minutes)
- The rest of the webinar will be your questions with Richard demonstrating the answers
- He’ll demonstrate a few new dForce experiments carried out since the last coaching group.
Richard has covered these kinds of topics in the past and we’ll likely to see a revisit on some of these topics during the session:-
- How to Add a Dynamic dForce Modifier
- Playing with Gravity
- Colliding objects
- Smoothing an object
- Experimenting with dForce Surface Parameters
- dForce weight maps
- Use of helper objects
- Wind Friction
- Terrain creation
- Momentum and momentum transfer
- Using objects to help shape a target mesh
- Changing an object(s) position during simulation to shape a mesh
- Changing an object(s) scale during simulation to shape a mesh
- Using an instance to see a hidden dForce simulation underway
- Using a weight map in combination with moving objects to shape a mesh
- Using a helper object to modify a mesh
- Managing interfering body parts during a simulation
- Using Contraction-Expansion Ratio to wrap a mesh during simulation
- Using Contraction-Expansion Ratio to remove or add “cloth” during a simulation
Webinar Date, Time and Duration
Date : Sunday 16th January
Time : 21:00 BST (London)/ 13:00 PDT (Los Angeles) / 16:00 EDT (New York)
Duration : 1.5+ hours depending on number of questions.
What you’ll need for this webinar
Just DAZ Studio!
About the presenter : Richard Schafermeyer (rgcincy)
Rich Schafermeyer is a long-time 3D artist and programmer. He got his start with the original Poser and Bryce 3D. In 2001, he wrote his first 3D modeler that evolved into the still available Shape Magic. He began to use Daz Studio in 2012. With a research and engineering background, the physics of dForce grabbed his attention! He decided it would be helpful to others if he shared his learnings and has frequently done so in the DAZ forums.