- This event has passed.
May 16, 2021 @ 9:00 pm - 10:30 pm BSTFree – $25.00
One satisfying part of generating digital art is being able to recreate characters, scenes and props from our favourite films or T.V. shows.
Fan art is an incredibly useful tool for channelling inspiration and motivation into a real project that can get your work noticed.
These projects can generate understanding of design techniques and gives you practice in using real world references.
Creating fan art of popular characters or props can help increase your visibility and get more eyes on your original work; perhaps providing opportunities for commissions.
In this community workshop, let’s share your best examples of fan art or fan art 3D content and learn from your creative processes.
Let’s talk about:-
- Genuine resources where you can pick up fan art character models, props or scenes.
- Morphs for celebrities
- Your fan art : what did you learn when you created it?
- Legal and ethical aspects
- Kit bashing for matching clothing of a character
- Tweaking the face for a better match
- Learning from movie and TV stills, for cinematic angles and lighting.
- Promoting your fan-art for likes.
- HD Webinar recording of this community workshop
- Searchable recording
- Bonus tutorial sets : “How to sculpt faces and fan art” by John Haverkamp who provides live sculpting of the character Tywin Lannister (played by Charles Dance) from the Game of Thrones! You’ll see John model and paint the character’s head step by step. Includes the tutorial set of “How to Sculpt a Face”.
*All artwork by Paul Bussey. Space 1999 Eagle model in poster by James Murphy
Note : This webinar recording may be sold in the DAZ 3D store, where any artwork shared as well as audio comments will be promoted to a wider audience. So please have this in mind if you choose to contribute in this community workshop.