The Geoshells feature in DAZ Studio creates a second skin – a thin layer over the entire character mesh, a perfect duplication of the figure’s geometry, which provides some valuable benefits for character artwork. For example morphs and weight maps will follow perfectly, avoiding those dreaded poke-throughs.
This community workshop looks at Geoshells in detail, in what they are, where they might be used as well as how to create and make the most of them.
As well as having the opportunity for the community to share their use of Geoshells, we have four special guest artists that show their work utilised with Geoshells in their artwork or 3D content creation pipeline.
Ken Kawashima (Ken1171 designs)
- Ken shows what a Geoshell is and what it is not.
- Geoshells go way back! The history of this facility both in Poser, DAZ Studio and other 3D applications.
- How to create body paint, tattoos and 2nd skin clothing in DAZ Studio
- How to get things done faster when manipulating active shells; these are tricks that aren’t so well known.
- How to create an instant dynamic bodysuit with one mouse click.
- How skin and clothing can be roughed up with a grunge Geoshell.
SpiritFoxy (DAZ 3D Store)
- Effective examples of Geoshells used for makeup and glitter on the skin
- Geoshells used for her hybrid creatures such as the dragon horse.
- How Geoshells can be used for modifying clothing colours and customising detailing
- Demonstration of stacked Geoshells and the importance of the offset.
Get Prepared for this Community Webinar by…
- Looking for renders where you have used a Geoshell for good effect.
- Writing down those tips you could share from using Geoshells.
- HD searchable and captioned webinar recording of this workshop
- 2 x Bonus tutorials – Skin and Shader Workshops : two bonus tutorials bringing together artists for tips on character skins and shaders (3+ hours)
- Shaders PDF reference guide by Esha (39 pages)
A twelve month $25 discount code giving you the premium ticket benefits of the next 24 community workshop webinars.
This will give you:-
- The benefits of the premium ticket of this event.
- 24 workshop webinar searchable event recordings with captions
- 24 bonus tutorials or content packages from every event
Date: Saturday 21st of August
Time: 20:00 BST / 12:00 PDT (Los Angeles) / 15:00 EDT (New York)
Duration : 1.5+ hours