From the start of the science fiction genre, the writing has been entwined with the artwork that sought to stimulate the imagination.
Some of our greatest science fiction authors have certainly been influenced by the art that grew up alongside the literary tradition.
In reference to that idea, the title of this event is from a quotation by Ray Bradbury!
Science fiction art has developed a visual language of its own, as rich and varied as the genre’s narrative themes.
Digital art allows us to go far beyond the fairly narrow range of the imagery that existed over 50 years ago; silver space-suits, ray guns, Flash Gordon fizzing spaceships, green monsters (why green?) or women in distress from said monsters.
In this webinar, Linwelly, who has created a huge set of renders for her sci-fi online graphic novel Taiduo shows the best of her sci-fi art designed and rendered from DAZ Studio.
She’ll be talking about these points:-
- Studying sci-fi images: what makes them sci-fi, why are they special
- Elements of Sci-fi
- Understanding Sci-Fi Scene building
- Means to success: the 3D toolbox – applications
- Renders in Space – a special mission
- A DAZ Studio scene with many options
- Vendor recommendations
We’ll have time for some community sharing, so we also challenge you to bring along:-
- Your own Sci-fi artwork
- Your recommended assets for sci-fi sets (for use in any software)
- Your tips for creating sci-fi scenes
- HD searchable and captioned webinar recording of this workshop
- Bonus high value tutorial – Sci-Fi Special Effects by Drew Spence
- Digital Art Live 80 page PDF magazine : special theme on “Sci-fi Future Interiors”
Date: Saturday 12th of June
Time: 20:00 BST (London) / 12:00 PDT (Los Angeles) / 15:00 EDT (New York)
Duration : 1.5+ hours