- This event has passed.
Scene Creation in Blender for Beginners : Introductory Session
July 9, 2022 @ 7:00 pm - 7:30 pm BSTFree – $35.00
You may have heard some amazing benefits that Blender can provide 3D artists:-
- “Blender is the Swiss Knife of the industry”
- “The possibilities of Blender are limitless!”
- “It includes powerful tools for modelling, animation and visualisation”
- “It is free, open-source and yet as capable as expensive alternatives”
On the other hand you may have heard of some challenges when learning Blender!
- “The interface is tricky for those starting out with Blender. Navigation is quite “unique”
- “Blender is a moving target, it is constantly in development”
- “It is overwhelming on first look : there are a huge variety of options and plugins”
- “A steep learning curve but totally worth it!”
In this introductory session to “Blender for Beginners”, AlanSmithee helps you overcome some of these perceived challenges and shows some remarkable examples of what Blender can create. He’ll provide a flavour of what to expect for the eight week coaching group that he’ll be teaching and leading.
Alan will cover:-
- Alan’s top tips in approaching the learning of Blender.
- Understanding the User Interface
- Initial Setup
- Basic Asset Creation
- Blender’s potential : see some of the scenes and assets we’ll be creating in the course
- Using Modifiers (this may cross over to the main session)
- Basic Terrain Generation (main session)
In the main session we’ll be building a pixelated (low poly) landscape in Blender.
About “Scene Building in Blender for Beginners” Coaching Group
This is for you if you are in one of these situations:
1. You’ve tried Blender in the past but you were burned by the user interface!
2. You feel you’ve hit a ceiling with your current scene creation software.
3. You’ve always been curious to learn Blender but have felt lost with relying on pre-recorded tutorials.
This is for you if you want to…
1. Learn basic Blender modeling and texturing techniques
2. Explore the building of natural scenes
3. Gain a basic understanding of Blender’s node systems. We’ll give you a cheat system to bypass the complexity of this!
5. Learn and use some of the most useful (yet powerful) plugins for beginners
6. Gain a solid foundation of the render engines and lighting in Blender.
7. Grasp how to import props and characters into a scene.
We’ll coach and support you even if you…
- Struggle with the interface
- Feel that Blender is just too different from what you are used to.
- Feel overwhelmed with the basic amount of plugins (50+) that come with Blender. We’ll guide you through this maze!
Without having to…
- Sift through countless resources and tutorials (a bunch of which are outdated) to gain a proper footing in Blender.
The course includes a private forum, so like-minded artists can work together on weekly challenges. The forum will be used for questions and answers between the sessions and Alan will be there to support you through the 8 weeks.
You can join the course right now by clicking on the button below:-
Want a 10% discount code ? (lasts until July 3rd) – use “blender10”
Date: Saturday the 9th of July
Time: 19:00 BST (London) / 11:00 PDT (Los Angeles) / 14:00 EDT (New York)
Duration : 30 minutes for the free introductory session
About the Presenter : AlanSmithee
AlanSmithee is a visual artist based in Philadelphia, USA, with experience in filmmaking, photography, design, and art direction. Their day job involves project management, design for web and print, book covers, instructional design, and the creation of graphic assets. They are knowledgeable in the use of Blender, Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign, Premiere, After Effects, etc.), FlowScape & many other tools.
AlanSmithee began exploring FlowScape in 2019 and joined a welcoming community for artists looking to share, learn, and grow. They use Flowscape to create sci-fi and fantasy concept art, and as a showcase for the models and textures they create while honing their skills in professional 3D programs like Blender, Unity, and Unreal Engine.
In June 2020 AlanSmithee became a FlowScape community manager and official tutorial designer, creating guides to FlowScape’s basic functions, advanced techniques, and creative possibilities. They enjoy creating images in innovative ways and sharing their results & knowledge with the supportive FlowScape community.
See a sample of Alan’s teaching style here:-