Poster artwork by Mary Baker
With many joints to manage in a 3D character, creating your own successful poses can feel quite daunting. Poses can make or break an image since with one glance we can see if something in the posture does not look natural!
To tackle posing challenges, it is worth gaining a thorough understanding of the controls available in DAZ Studio as well as absorbing some background on anatomy and body language. In this community workshop, let’s share our valuable experience of creating successful poses. Share your favourite posing artwork, learn ideas for generating a good posing workflow, share tips on how to pose the more difficult parts of the body and let us see your favourite pose sets.
Do you struggle with?
- Using the Posing dials and Pose Control dials in the parameters pane
- Where to start the process in posing a character?
- Identifying the centre of gravity for a character?
- Posing the hand successfully?
- Matching a pose from a reference photo?
- Showing characters interacting with valid poses?
- How to set up and save hierarchical poses for use with props or multiple figures
In this community workshop, we’re bringing together DAZ Studio artists to discuss solutions on the above points, share artwork, recommended products and resources on poses.
If you have a scene and you are struggling on the challenges above – show your artwork or scene during the session and as a community we’ll assist you!
DAZ Studio artists are invited to share their tips and artwork with respect to the topics above
If you have a useful tip to share, even if it’s just for a few minutes, then please get in touch!
This event is free entry. There’s also a premium ticket that includes a stack of value!
- HD Webinar recording of this community workshop
- Bonus tutorial set : “Powerful Poses” – 2 hour masterclass on posing for DAZ Studio
Date: Sunday 29th of November
Time: 20:00 GMT (London) / 12:00 PST (Los Angeles) / 15:00 EST (New York)
Duration : 1.5+ hours