- This event has passed.
Writing Romance and Relationships for Visual Narratives
December 11, 2021 @ 8:00 pm - December 18, 2021 @ 9:30 pm GMTFree – $55.00
Emotionally driven love scenes are a powerful part of a story in any genre. These scenes can and should inform the arcs of both the characters and their relationship, letting readers understand more deeply both what is pulling these characters close… and also what is keeping them apart. So how do you accomplish that with the writing and with the art in visual narratives?
This new two-week mini course by Drew Spence embraces Storytelling Romance, looking at essential keys to crafting relationship arcs as well as planning and executing suitable 3D scenes, with recommended resources. This webinar set includes a presentation, a challenge for Visual Narrative artists and a follow-up session.
There’s also a super content pack of PNG renders to drag and drop into panels, to easily make your own romantic visual narrative.
Content Across All Sessions
- The hidden keys to Storytelling Romance.
- Creating and crafting a relationship story arc.
- Pulling inspiration from real world experiences.
- Logic, love and the logistics of long-term relationships.
- Three Terrible shortcuts of establishing a loving relationship.
- Three Rarely used storytelling techniques to create a relationship.
- Guest appearance by BeeMKay of Demon Division with her experiences on setting up romantic scenes (see slider).
- How to choose the best pose-based products from the Daz Store.
- What to avoid when creating an “attraction”.
- Homework assignment (to be revealed) – narrative can be constructed with the Super Content Pack, included with the premium ticket.
- Review of assignments
Software Used for this Mini Course
- DAZ Studio
- Entry to introductory session only
- Entry to all sessions
- HD Searchable recordings for all sessions
- PNG super content asset pack
- Prime poses : bonus 1.5 tutorial for improving your pose skills for character storytelling
Presenter : Drew Spence
Drew Spence is a graphic comic writer and illustrator from the United States. He creates under the title of The Dynamic Universe, which published the digital comics Force Six, The Annihilators and Killer Butterfly. He has combined his music and video into several works including Mark of the Griffin, which is both a graphic novel and web series. These comics are available in digital format on comiXology and in print from Indy Planet. He is part of the instrumental group Fallout Shelter which provides the soundtrack.
Drew is a graduate of Stony Brook University with a Bachelor of Arts degree in Fine Art and holds various certificates – from graphic arts to web design. He currently lives on Long Island, New York and produces his work from the aptly named Fallout Shelter Studios, where he crafts crafty and clever comics using CGI and photorealistic image manipulation.