Join us for a weekend with a laser focus on Cover Artwork!
Premium Registration includes bonus tutorial on Promo Cover Artwork
- Promotional artwork high value tips
- How to use book cover artwork for additional income
- How to instantly grab attention with cover artwork
- Which fonts work on a cover depending on the genre
- Learn the visual elements that convey an instant story
Drop in for our FREE Compelling Covers workshop on Saturday and reserve your seat for a high value presentation on Sunday by professional artist Drew Spence.
Drew Spence takes you through specific steps to create a compelling book cover. He’ll lead you through the process of crafting a story-telling cover image for your visual narratives. Drew professionally creates and publishes comic books every month so he has huge experience in capturing potential readers for their attention. As well as covering sci-fi, fantasy and action genres – he’ll also include a special mention on romance books and magazines!
In this webinar Drew will use DAZ Studio and Photoshop to craft the covers.
Webinar Dates and Duration
Session 1 : Free Community Compelling Covers Workshop
Hosted by Paul Bussey
Artwork rendered in any software welcome
Date : Saturday 6th July
Duration : 1-1.5 hours
- Show some of your book/comic book/promo current artwork to the group. Tell us about what inspired you for your work.
- Get feedback from community members
- Share a current challenge on your cover artwork where you need help to progress
- Share at least one tip or solution that could help other artists
It’s not mandatory to do the above, if you’d rather just hang with other digital artists in the room and meet like minded creatives, you’re welcome to do this as well!
You’ll have the option to share your desktop in our webinar, so you can talk about your content or artwork in this way. This will be the easiest way to share your work.
Session 2: Professional Compelling Covers Presentation
Presented by Drew Spence
Software Applications Used : DAZ Studio and Photoshop
Date : Sunday 7th July at 20:00 BST (London), 12:00 PDT (Los Angeles), 15:00 EDT (New York)
– Setting up for simplicity
– Composition and light in Daz Studio for additional postwork (a session study)
– Camera angles
– Rendering settings
– Backdrops and scenery
– Creating a singular image that tells an entire story or hints to the coming adventure
– Fonts and lettering, the rules guides and authoring expectations
– Genre studies and research for crafting a proper image that fits the subject matter
– Controlling the energy and dynamics of an expressive image
– Adding a fantasy and artistic look to your renders
– Recommended filters
– Recommended Photoshop actions
– Recommended graphic software
Bonus promotional artwork tutorial for premium registration
About Drew Spence